Welcome to the 2021/22 School Year!
Welcome Back Lincoln Lions!
I am having the best time preparing for our new school year. We have our new classroom furniture, new playground toys (Ms. Wrotniewski always inspires our kids to keep moving at recess), the new ELA program and social studies program. Our teachers are mapping out our learning and setting up our rooms. I see something new and exciting every time I walk our campus. Returning to Lincoln feels celebratory as I reconnect with our Lincoln staff and families with gratefulness and the strong bond that only develops after facing challenges together. Our Lincoln home is full of energy & enthusiasm for the start of the new year in person on August 25th!
Please note an important correction for 8/26th: 1st-5th grade students begin regular dismissal 830a-3p on the second day of school.
I want to extend a warm Lincoln Lions' welcome to our new pride members:
- Joe Griffiths will support our students as Lincoln's school psychologist. Mr. Griffiths completed his internship at Lincoln and was at BIS last year. Mr. Griffiths has a great rapport with our BSD students. I also hear Mr. Griffiths is a fan of gardening and music which is perfect for Lincoln!
- Diann Kelly will guide our students in speech development. Ms. Kelly is known throughout the district for her warmth with students & depth of knowledge as a Speech & Language Pathologist.
- Lynna Phan, Colleen McGowan & Alexis Heathcote make up a dynamic Kindergarten team that will welcome our youngest learners to Lincoln. All three teammates have excellent teaching experience and are strong collaborators.
- Mando Navarro returns to Burlingame to join our 1st grade team. Some families may remember Mr. Navarro as our Burlingame District Librarian. Mr. Navarro is known for his positivity, love of reading and all things related to children's books, as well as a wide range of experience in education.
- Claudia Heikel joins our 4th grade team from McKinley Elementary. Ms. Heikel & I have already had fun conversations about innovation and maker projects!
- Kirsten Hall returns to our 4th grade team and our Lincoln family is thrilled. Ms. Hall also worked with my 8th grade Humanities team while I was at Hoover several years ago. My team thought so highly of Ms. Hall. I'm excited for the chance to work together.
Though we still face fiscal challenges this year as a district, and our community is still working through the ups and downs of a pandemic, this year feels different. I think our community and our staff carry a deeper understanding of how our schools are the heart of our neighborhood & mean so much to our children. I know this year holds promise as we continue to prioritize our children and their learning. It is a privilege to share this time with you as an educator, a fellow parent and a neighbor.
Welcome to the 2021/22 School Year Lincoln Lions!
Dismissal Times *Note 1st-5th begins 830-3p on 8/26
First Day of School: August 25th.
Beginning of Year Dismissal Times:
- Kindergarten 8/25-9/3 830a- Noon *9/7 Trimester 1 schedule begins 830a-2p
- 1st-5th 8/25 830a- Noon *8/26 Regular schedule begins 830a-3p
Tuesday 2p Dismissal times for all grades
Trimester 2 Kindergarten will begin 830a-3p dismissal on Monday, November 29th
Lincoln Elementary School uses MemberHub to welcome you into our school community and keep you informed and engaged with what happens at Lincoln. You’ll see our school directory, connect with your teachers and parents through classroom hubs, and sign up for many other Lincoln groups through their hubs. Signing up for Memberhub also automatically connects your family with our weekly PTA Newsletter Links. The Links is the best way to stay informed about school news & happenings.
Simply follow the instructions below to join. Thanks and welcome to Lincoln's MemberHub!
Hot Lunch - Sign Ups Required - Free for All Students
- Our Lincoln 8/25-9/3 hot lunch order form is open please sign up by 8/23. The form was mistakenly set up as a quiz. If you receive "incorrect" responses at the end of the form, do not worry. The BSD program still process your response.
- BSD will serve hot meals and grab-and-go morning recess snacks at all sites!
- Morning snack and lunch are free for everyone, but students will still need to sign up by Wednesday of each week for the following week.
- Families can view the meals menu online.
BSD will continue to offer free lunches to *all* students for the 2021/22 school year. It is important to fill out the Free and Reduced Lunch Application if your income is less than or equal to the income guidelines to qualify for the following benefits:
- Secure funding for your school
- Receive discounted utilities
- Childcare through San Mateo County
- Establish eligibility for after school programs
BSD Health Screening
Health & Safety Practices for 21/22
Burlingame schools require face coverings (over mouth & nose) on campus both indoors & outdoors except when actively eating. Students, staff & lunch volunteers must wear face coverings regardless of vaccination status. Students will wear masks during PE activities & recess.
The CDHP & San Mateo County Framework discontinued physical distancing requirements for the new school year. Burlingame schools will continue to space students out at lunchtime. Lincoln students will eat outside as much as possible. Staff will keep doors & windows open for ventilation at all opportunities.
Each student will sanitize their hands at school entrances daily. Staff will encourage students to wash their hands and/or apply hand sanitizer before eating, after eating, after using the bathroom, and as a protocol in sharing classroom materials.
Staff will encourage students to cover coughs & sneezes, and to dispose of tissue properly. Lincoln teams will equip classrooms and common areas with hand sanitizer, tissue, signage, soap, paper towels, and cleaning supplies.
Ambry COVID Test 8/23 Prior to School
What: Voluntary Ambry tests
When: Monday 8/23 Pick Up by Parents
Return: Tuesday 8/24 by Noon
Here is the Ambry link for testing! Testing is voluntary but BSD asks all parents to test their learners!
BinaxNOW Rapid Antigen Testing begins week of 8/30
Medication & Health Plan Forms
Dear Lincoln Families,
Please note form links Authorization for Medication at School Form and Health Plans for:
- Food Allergies
- Cardiac Concerns
Medication forms and emergency health plans are required by the district and must be updated every school year. Feel free to email completed forms to Mrs. Pape firstname.lastname@example.org
Champions Before/After School Care
The Champions Program is located on the campus of Lincoln Elementary School. It provides busy families with flexible care options for Grades K-5 at Lincoln, before and after school.
Our Lincoln Champions Site Director is Ms. Julia Collins email@example.com
Our Champions Area Manager is Brennan Bernardo firstname.lastname@example.org (408)771-6801
Getting Ready for School
Lincoln is a community where all students, staff, and families come together to develop compassionate, creative, and collaborative problem-solvers able to thrive in an ever-changing world.