May 2016 Schoool Psych Mid-Meeting Updates
3 BIG for 10 LITTLE
So, 3 Big recommendations for any time you find yourself with 10 Little minutes:
1. Update your eval/re-eval log
2. Go thru a file and shred excess paperwork
3. Check to make sure that every kiddo you tested has the final copy of their report attached in Enrich
What goes on Form 78?
Last Work Day and those Stikin' Fridays
If your last day of work is 6-10-16 you will need to make up for that Friday (6-10-16) because we are paid for that day but buildings will be closed. You may 1) end work one day later (e.g., work a day the next week, 2) work longer days that week (e.g., 4 10-hour days a week makes up one day), 3) or take a personal day.
If your last day of work is 6-17-16 you will need to make up for 2 Fridays (6-10-16 and 6-17-16) because we are paid for those days but buildings will be closed. You may make up those two days in one or more of these ways: 1) end work two days later (e.g., work the next week, 2) work longer days prior (e.g., 4 10-hour days a week makes up one day), 3) or a take personal day.
June Meeting/PD - Tuesday June 7, 8:00 - 12:00 LES
- NASP attendees please plan to share something you learned that you think would benefit the group - doesn't have to be long or formal
- Everyone: please share a Tier 2/3 behavior idea, resource, or strategy that would benefit the group AND that our PD presenters for next year might use in their sessions
- Have another item for our agenda? Email Lucy.
Babies, babies everywhere!
District Concussion Procedures
Secondary Reading Intervention Update
Literacy lab: This is an elective, so it takes the place of another elective. If it's a semester course students attend daily and if it's a yearly course they attend every other day. There is a certified teacher and an assistant, with a maximum of 10 students.
ELA CP-I: This is a regularly scheduled ELA course with about 15 students. The teachers receive coaching and PD. The intent is to go deeper - not broader, to intensify effort toward the anchor standards, and to use technology-enhanced instruction. Next year the Leveled Literacy Intervention Gold curriculum will be used.
Ideally, students will have the ELA-CP-I and the Literacy lab - they are intended to be double-dipped to make the most progress.