The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School's Weekly Newsletter ~ March 26, 2021
YES our cans are past the Church door!
Saint Kateri School families ~
Today was our last day of school before leaving for Spring Break ~ Our students and faculty are excited to have some time away from school with their families. This Sunday is Palm Sunday and will begin our observation of Holy Week. Throughout Lent we have been "journeying with Jesus" and each day our Morning Announcements bring us one step closer to our risen Christ. Our 5th graders have been doing a great job leading us each Friday in the Stations of the Cross. Please enjoy the link above to our Stations of the Cross prayer this morning.
COVID has caused our school to make many changes to the way we are used to doing things and in the ways we can gather together as a community. One of the most difficult of this has been not being able to gather together each Monday morning with all of our students, Preschool - 5th grade. Our Monday Morning Prayer Services are so special and we have been missing our littlest ones this year. During Lent our preschool team has been having their own Prayer Service on Friday mornings after Stations of the Cross. I was able to participate this morning as they re-enacted Palm Sunday in the most preschool friendly way ~ these three and four year olds had so much fun learning about Jesus! We are truly blessed to have these amazing dedicated teachers and staff guiding our very little ones. God is GOOD!
The Reddington Scholarship is accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year. Information was sent home in the Registration packet and can also be found on our website: http://www.saintkaterischool.org/wp-content/uploads/Reddington-Scholarship-2021-2022.pdf Please return completed application to Mrs. Connor, our School Counselor, prior to the deadline as she has information to provide. The application deadline is April 30, 2021.
On behalf of the faculty and staff at Saint Kateri School I want to wish you and your family a very blessed and relaxing Spring Break!
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
Phone: (585) 467-8730
Preschool Palm Sunday
Upcoming Calendar Dates:
- 3/29-4/2: NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- 4/5: Return to school
- 4/6: School Mass (2nd grade)
- 4/7: Spirit Shirt Day
- 4/7: Parent's Association (6-7:30)
- 4/7: May Hot Lunch opens
- 4/8: Kindergarten Only ~ Kindergarten Celebration Picture Day
- 4/13: QM Kindergarten -2nd grade
- 4/14: Half Day Dismissal (PK @ 11:00 and K-5 @ 11:30)
- 4/16: Q3 ends
- 4/20: No Quiet Mass
- 4/20-4/22: NYS ELA Assessments grade 3-5
- 4/21: May Hot Lunch closes at 9:30am
- 4/23: Spring Picture Day (K-5 and any MWF preschooler)
- 4/26: Yearbook Order DUE
- 4/27: QM 3rd - 5th grade
- 4/27: Spring Picture Day (PK-5 Make-up day and any TTh preschooler)
- 4/29: Q3 Report Cards go home
- 4/30: NO SCHOOL Superintendent's Day
5th Grade Recognitions
Marla Lum for receiving an Emerging Leaders Scholarship award from Our Lady of Mercy. This award recognizes outstanding academic achievement and leadership skills.
Riordan Whelehan for receiving the Xavier Scholarship to McQuaid Jesuit. This scholarship recognizes students for their performance on the McQuaid entrance exam.
We are proud of both of you and look forward to watching you continue to be Christ for Others in your next school! We will continue to share any future recognitions as we hear about them ~
Busing Transportation Deadline
Most private and public schools will be on Spring Break when the deadline passes so be sure to call before Friday, March 26th if you have any questions.
Reminders from the Main Office:
- COVID test results and Doctor Release paperwork should be sent to the SCHOOL email rather than an individual's school email. This will allow access for the staff that need that information. Please do not send it to your child's teacher or to the Main Office staff emails.
Please use: email@example.com
- Kindergarten - 5th grade: Uniform shorts can be worn in September and October AND May and June. The weather is beginning to get warmer but students can only begin to wear uniform shorts beginning on May 1st.
Big Chocolate Bunny
Say CHEESE ~ I mean CHOCOLATE!
Travel changes since last week's update
Starting April 1st: Domestic travelers will no longer be required to quarantine after entering New York from another U.S. State or U.S. Territory beginning April 1st or after. While no longer required, the NYS Department of Health still recommends quarantine after domestic travel as an added precaution. Mandatory quarantine remains in effect for international travelers. Individuals should continue strict adherence to all safety guidelines to stop the spread - wearing masks, socially distancing and avoiding gatherings.
If you arrive back into NYS before April 1st you will need to follow the current guidelines stated in the newsletter last week.
Thank you to the families that have already notified us regarding upcoming travel. Please continue to keep Saint Kateri School in the know about any travel plans ~ Thank you!
2021-2022 Registration is well underway!
YOU ARE OUR BEST ADVERTISEMENT!
- Reach out to family and friends who are looking for a school for their children next year
- Post on your social media accounts
- Share our school posts
- Comment on local Irondequoit groups your recommendations about attending SKS
- Recommend Saint Kateri School as part of a Google review
Amazon Smile Program
Attention Amazon shoppers! We are continuing to use the AmazonSmile program for our school and church community. It’s very easy and of no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, our school community will receive a portion of the proceeds from each eligible purchase as a donation from Amazon.
Simply search for “Saint Kateri Tekakwitha Roman Catholic Parish in Irondequoit, NY” and select it as your charity. Then shop as usual! Amazon will remember your charity when it is time to check out and our community will receive a portion of your eligible purchases! Thank you for participating and happy shopping! Feel free to pass this information on to family members and friends looking to help out our school!