Last Update of the Year!
December 8, 2014
This year so far has been SO much fun and extremely rewarding! Our dancers did a fantastic job at JUMP and learned so much, the Christmas parade was fabulous and our students were amazing, and we've had a blast in classes throughout the weeks learning and growing together! None of this would have been possible without you and the time you committed to our studio! We can't thank you enough for having your dancer at all of our extra practices and just being the best dance parents on the face of the earth! Even though the year is almost over, we still have a few more events that are fast approaching.
Don't Forget: Annual Christmas Mall Performance
This year's mall performance is next Saturday, December 13th at 11:30am! All competitive dancers will be performing and must be at the old fountain area in the mall (Santa's Village) NO LATER THAN 10:45am dressed and ready to go. Make sure your dancer has on correct LIGHT stage makeup as well as competition earrings. Below is a list of all dances in the order they will be performed as well as what to wear.
- Oceans: Blue costume worn with tan stirrup tights, tan foot undeez, hair in bun (follow cheek bones for proper height) with headpiece.
- Safe in my Arms (this will be performed to a Christmas song): Blue costume worn with tan stirrup tights, tan foot undeez, hair in bun with Oceans headpiece without the shell attachment.
- The Night Before Christmas (Junior Jazz): Candy Cane Christmas dress worn with tan stirrup tights, tan foot undeez, with hair in a bun.
- Underneath the Tree (Senior Jazz): Blue long-sleeve parade t-shirt with black booty shorts, tan stirrup tights, hair in a bun with reindeer antlers.
- Ice Ice Parade Routine (ALL competitive students): Blue long-sleeve parade t-shirt with black leggings, black boots, hair in a bun with bow provided in parade kit
Competition Christmas Party!
This year ALL Competition teams will celebrate Christmas together! We will have pizza, cupcakes and whole lot of fun!!!! This party will be next Monday, December 15th from 6:00pm-7:00pm. Please bring a wrapped gift ranging from $5-$10 and we will exchange these during our time together! We are so excited that we get to have this time together where we can celebrate all that we've accomplished this year!
Greenwood Regional Rehab Hospital Christmas Performance
We will be performing again this year at the Greenwood Regional Rehabilitation Hospital near Self Regional. This performance will be on Wednesday, December 17th at 6:00pm. We will do the same dances as performed in the mall performance EXCEPT Oceans. Refer to the Mall Performance list of what to wear. Please have your dancer dressed in her first costume and there no later than 5:15pm. Also make sure your dancer has on very light stage makeup so she doesn't look washed out as well as competition earrings. If your student WILL NOT be participating please let us know NO LATER THAN Tuesday, December 9th so we can plan accordingly.
Canned Food Drive
We are blessed with so much and often take that for granted. This year we as a studio are giving back to our community by collecting cans to help stock the Greenwood Food Bank. Please bring your cans by Thursday, December 18th and we will deliver these just in time for Christmas!
More Important Updates and Reminders
- Remember that costume fees are due by Thursday, December 18th! If you would rather make a down payment of 50% you are more than welcome to do that but please remember the remaining balance will be due on Monday, January 5th.
- We have discussed the next competition and as a staff we have decided we will only be taking large group dances (Oceans, HipHop, Pom), solos, duets, and trios to the February competition (KAR). This will help you guys out by minimizing the cost as well as give us enough time to prepare and perfect all group dances for the competitions to follow. After the February competition ALL dances from ALL teams will perform at the next 3 competitions after that.
- The fees for KAR will be going out on Monday, December 15th. These fees will be sent out through email so please be on the lookout. The due date for those fees will be listed on that email.
- All outstanding balances must be paid in full and caught up NO LATER THAN Thursday, December 18th.
We will close on Friday, December 19th for Christmas break and classes will resume on Monday, January 5th. We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year!