Kindergarten's Weekly Newsletter - Issue 3
CURRICULUM NEWS for September 4th- 8th
WORD WALL WORDS:
- am, can, the
LETTER NAMES & SOUNDS:
- Mm, Ss, Ff, Bb, Tt, Cc, Aa, Rr
- Telling the difference between a letter & a word
- 3 Ways to Write: Draw a picture, add labels, write a sentence
- Number Sense 6 - 10
- The Five Senses
- Citizenship & Authority Figures
Monday - No homework/ No school
Tuesday - Practice counting 0-50 (by rote). Practice identifying numbers 0-10 using flash cards (you can write numbers on index cards)
Wednesday - Practice putting the number flash cards in order 0-10 (mix up the cards, then have your child put them in order)
Thursday - Practice writing numbers 0 - 10 correctly
Friday - No homework
*After student math assessments are complete (mid to late October), the kindergarten teachers will send math homework that is on level and above level. If your child has mastered 0-10 then you can increase the numbers written above.
Remember to read for 20 minutes each night!
There are many fun and interactive
websites for literacy.
Here are a few FREE online resources:
Count to 20 Song
Important Dates to Remember
Monday, September 4th - No school/ Labor Day
Thursday, September 7th - Wear yellow
Friday, September 8th - Good Morning Windsong Assembly
Good Morning Windsong will take place in the cafe at 7:50. A Sign-Up Genius will be sent from the front office ahead of time. Please sign up if you plan on attending.
*Save the Date* Friday, October 27th - Pumpkin Patch Field Trip (information coming in late September)
Are you interested in becoming a Kindergarten Volunteer?
Volunteering & Chaperoning
PISD states that ALL volunteers complete the district Volunteer Background Check EACH YEAR and clearance is necessary before being allowed to volunteer in any capacity (including field trips, classroom, parties, etc.).
- It takes up to 2 weeks (sometimes more) to be cleared, so please complete it soon if you plan to volunteer.
- Field Trips: Parents who do not have a cleared background check on file may not volunteer to chaperone other students but may attend field trips with their own student.