Message from Mrs. Thomsen
Full Day Kindergarten will be offered at all SVUSD elementary school sites beginning in the 2019-2020 school year. Full Day Kindergarten increases the time for research-based instruction on both developmental and social skills.
Del Cerro will host four school choice tours for new and incoming families on February 25 and March 11. Tours will be held at 9am and 11am. The tour will include a brief presentation of Del Cerro's programs, classroom visits, and time for question and answers. If you know of any families new to our community or interested in school choice, please share this information with them. Please email email@example.com for more information.
GATE Parent Information Meeting for parents of newly identified GATE students, will be held on February 25 immediately following the 9am school tour. Parents will have an opportunity to speak with our GATE teachers and ask questions following this special presentation.
- February 6 8:30am-Flag Assembly
- February 6 1:30pm Facilities and Maintenance presentation: The purpose of the meeting is to share our site-specific project list and cost estimate. We will meet in the MPR.
- February 8 Spirit Day
- February 12 Pizza Night Launch event for PTA's Watch D.O.G.S. program (see attached flyer)
- February 15 & 18 February Recess-No School
- February 19 6pm-7pm: Parent Education Night: The Search Institute's 40 Developmental Assets and PBIS
- February 19 7pm PTA Meeting- We will have a presentation from ST Math from the MIND Research Institute. "See the Math, Change the World- Equipping Students to Solve the World’s Most Challenging Problems" ALL are welcome and encouraged to attend!
- February 25 and March 11 School Tour at 9am and 11am
- March 1-8 Parent-Teacher Conferences
- March 20 Jog-a-Thon Kick-Off Assembly and Del Cerro's STEAM Showcase- "A Day in the Life of a Del Cerro student" 5:30pm TK Food Truck and Kona Ice 6:30pm-7:30pm Classrooms open
Parent Education Workshop: The Search Institute's 40 Developmental Assets and PBIS
Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 6-7pm
Del Cerro MPR
(The Search Institute has identified 40 positive supports and strengths that young people need to succeed. Half of the assets focus on the relationships and opportunities they need in their families, schools, and communities (external assets). The remaining assets focus on the social-emotional strengths, values, and commitments that are nurtured within young people (internal assets).
Refreshments will be served.
All are invited to attend the General PTA Meeting that follows from 7pm-8pm.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
PTA's New Watch D.O.G.S. Program Launch
Mrs. Wrobel described how much goes into helping all students become successful. She uses multiple strategies for student engagement, differentiates instruction, and puts a lot of effort into making the curriculum interesting and relevant to her young learners. However, the most important thing for her is connecting with her students so that they feel loved. Her main goal is for every child to know that they are special and loved in her classroom. Mrs. Wrobel often finds past students lingering in her classroom after school to tell her about their day and get a hug.
Mrs. Wrobel states: "I believe my role as a teacher is important because I understand that the work world our students will enter is constantly evolving. As a teacher, I embrace change even when it feels difficult. Taking risks and trying new things is one of my favorite things about teaching. Even though I have been teaching for a long time, I am always interested in new strategies, ways of teaching and learning technology."
Thank you, Mrs. Wrobel, for all you do for Del Cerro students, families, and staff! We appreciate you!
SVUSD's STEAM EXPO 2019
3rd grade STEAM EXPO Winning team
Del Cerro's 3rd-grade team took home the trophy for top Rube Goldberg machine! Congratulations girls!!
3rd grade team's trophy
Our awesome 4th grade team
Our 4th-grade team had a strong competition too. Congratulations for making it to the district competition!!
Dr. Sam Veshkini, Orthodontist
Parents, your child will be provided a new toothbrush this week to support Children's Dental Health Month. Thank you Dr. Veshkini!