November 20th, 2020
- November 25th-27th Thanksgiving Break
- December 3rd-4th Herff Jones on Campus for Jrs. and Srs.
- December 5th SAT Test
- December 9th SAC Meeting
- December 12th ACT Test
- December 14th-18th Winter Wonder Week
- December 18th End of 2nd Quarter
- December 21st- January 4th Holiday Break
Florida Seal of Biliteracy
Deadline to apply: February 19, 2021. See the attached flyer at the bottom of the newsletter.
The Florida Seal of Biliteracy Program is established to recognize a high school graduate who has attained a high level of competency in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in one or more foreign languages in addition to English. The purpose of the Florida Seal of Biliteracy Program is to:
• (a) Encourage students to study foreign languages.
• (b) Certify attainment of Biliteracy.
• (c) Provide employers with a method of identifying an individual with Biliteracy skills who is seeking employment.
• (d) Provide a post-secondary institution with a method of recognizing an applicant with Biliteracy skills who is seeking admission to the post-secondary institution.
• (e) Recognize and promote foreign language instruction in public schools.
• (f) Affirm the value of diversity, honor multiple cultures and foreign languages, and strengthen the relationships between multiple cultures in a community.
Student Laptop Agreement
Don't forget to complete your student laptop agreements!
All students have an extra credit opportunity in all of their classes for uploading a screen shot of their completed student laptop agreements. Follow the directions in this video and upload your screen shots to Focus today! This information is important for all ACHS parents and students to know prior to laptop pickup.
PERT Post Secondary Assessment
On your selected test date, you will wait on the benches in front of the Main Office until 5 minutes prior to test start time. If you are already on campus for your selected test date, you must exit campus and wait at the benches in front of the Main Office.
Your temperature will be taken before you are admitted to the testing session. You must also wear a mask in order to be allowed onto campus. Testing will start promptly and late arrivals will not be allowed to test. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Chambers by email at email@example.com.
Go to school website to sig-up for the PERT test.
PMA 2 Testing
The following courses will take the PMAs:
9th and 10th English
ACT and SAT Registration Deadlines
ACT Assessment: February 9th Test/Registration Deadline January 11th
SAT Assessment: March 13th Test/Registration Deadline February 12th
Athlete of the Week
Girls Weightlifting: Jhane' Sulcer
"It is with the utmost enthusiasm that I nominate Jhane' Sulcer as the PTSA athlete of the week. Jhane' is a multi-sport athlete and has participated in Girls Weightlifting (GWL) for the past 3 years. Jhane' has a 3.96 unweighted GPA (4.74 weighted) She currently serves as team captain, as she is a hard worker that exhibits excellent leadership and sportsmanship qualities in the weight room, classroom and in the community. These attributes are imperative to the success of our team. Jhane not only assists me in all aspects of GWL, but she goes beyond the call of duty to ensure everyone's success. She embodies leadership, sportsmanship, and teamwork. I believe she is an ideal recipient for this accolade and I am excited to nominate her." Coach Richardson
ACHS Business Partners
Harrell & Harrell
Miller's Ale House
Ponte Vedra Golf Carts
Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute
Davey Tree Expert