September 20, 2022
"Where it's always a good day to be a Bison!"
We want to thank all of the parents and family members and our amazing PTO for their hard work around the Bison Stampede. The race was great and all of our Bison enjoyed themselves. PTO organized some very cool prizes, and they are already starting to set up times to deliver these prizes. I can't wait to have cereal and milk with Ms. Grovum's class. And I can't wait to get dunked in cold water by Ms. Malloy's class (maybe I can wait for this one...!). Anyway, we have lots of fun still coming our way!
Please take a few minutes to read the information included here. September if halfway over and we will soon welcome October and all of the fun things that month brings.
Thank you for sharing your children with us!
Parent-Teacher Connections - October 19th and 20th
Halloween Parties - Information
Safety Information from Ms. Sainz
Our safety protocol is to not have parents and students in the building after dismissal. The reason for this is that teachers are in meetings and not always in their classrooms after school. We also want to keep our building secure. If you need to speak with a teacher please make an appointment with them. Please remind your student to make sure to have all of their belongings when they are dismissed because we are not letting them go back to the classroom once they have left the building. Thank you for your understanding.
October Count is Coming!
A Note from Ms. Amy:
If you are a returning family to Second Creek, you know our parking lot is small and needs special care during morning drop off and afternoon pick up. Thank you for contributing to the overall safety of our staff and students!
If you are a new family to Second Creek, please read the information below carefully. Staff (and sometimes Commerce City police) are out during morning drop off and afternoon dismissal to make sure everyone is safe.
Parents, it is very important that we do not park on the bus lane before or after school. Blocking the bus causes delays that go beyond our school.
Here are a few reminders about our drop off and pick up procedures. You know that Commerce City police pops in once in a while and issue tickets to vehicles that are not following our safety rules... so please make sure you are doing what you can do keep our students and staff safe!
- No parked cars in the "no parking zone" - which is by the sidewalk from the beginning of the parking lot all the way to the front doors. This is a fire lane and also a bus lane. There is NO PARKING anytime. Only drop off or pick up. We have noticed many cars parked waiting for the school to open in the morning, blocking the bus and causing lines of cars that go all the way outside the parking lot. Please drop off your student and go - no parking.
- Same rules apply for pick up after school.
- Students can be dropped off at 7:30am for breakfast eaters and 7:35am for non breakfast eaters. We do not have supervision for students who are dropped off before these times.
- Students must be picked up at 3:30pm every day. We do not have staff to supervise students after school.
- Let us know if you need information about our before and after-school program.
- Please only use the handicap parking if you have a handicap license.
- The Staff of the Month parking is for staff only at all times.
- PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF DRIVEWAYS!
We appreciate your cooperation!
A shout out to our sponsors!
The Landing Place Church
The Landing Place Church has donated brand new playground equipment to our students. They have donated our blue safety vests that staff wear. They gave also donated goodies and burritos to feed all of our staff.