What does an Elementary School Counselor do?
Once again this year students can refer themselves for counseling in a unique way. There is a QR code in every classroom for students to be able to scan to let me know they need to check in with me. Once I have received notification that they would like to chat, I reach out to their teacher to find a time that works best in their day. Here is a link to the google form: https://goo.gl/forms/l4u8bj0CDqbuwizx2.
Students may also request a virtual visit from me from their home using this LINK.
Lessons are taught to each homeroom class 2 times each month. Guidance lessons are created using the PurposeFull People Character Education Curriculum. Although themes will be consistent among grade levels, actual lessons will be age-appropriate.
- Guidance lessons, circle up activities, and Words of Wisdom will be taught using the PurposeFull People curriculum from Character Strong.
- CLICK ON THE PURPOSEFULL PEOPLE LOGO TO FIND "AT HOME" ACTIVITIES.
MIDDLE SCHOOL INFORMATION FOR 5th GRADE PARENTS:
- Please use this LINK to verify your child's 6th grade course requests beginning MAY 14. (All instructions can be found in linked document from the middle schools.)
- Pertinent information for each Middle School (Did you miss the Informational night or Webex from your child's zoned middle school? All information from each middle school can be found in this link.)
- TIMELINE of all things MIDDLE SCHOOL
INFORMATION WILL BE ADDED AS IT IS RECEIVED
SUMMER ENRICHMENT CLASS - Moving On To Middle School
Are you ready to start Middle School next year? If you are just
finishing 5th grade and going into middle school next year...
this class is for you! We will talk about the following topics:
Getting lost or finding classes (using sample schedules, we
will practice getting to and from classes), opening the locker
using your combination lock, getting good grades (what it will
take in middle school for you to be organized and use good
study skills to make that happen!), making new friends (you
may meet all new people this next year!), and much more! We
will practice being 6th graders so that when summer is over...
you will be feeling confident and ready to make it a
GREAT new year!!
Full course listings and the brochure can be viewed on the GCISD Summer Programs page: bit.ly/SE2021gcisd.
When: One-week sessions from June 7 – July 16 (no courses July 5-9)
Times: 8:30 – 11:30 and/or 12:30 – 3:30
Cost: $125/course (if noted, a course may have an additional materials fee)
Location: Cross Timbers Middle School
Part-Time KidzU Care is available for students enrolled in Summer Enrichment before and after classes.