Searching for a Middle School?
You have options in Hillsborough County!
Girls Preparatory Academy at Ferrell Middle Magnet School
Mission: We empower our girls to excel in rigorous academics and character education while fostering them to be positive forces in our global community.
Motto: Every Girl. Every Day. College-bound
Have you heard...
Girls Preparatory Academy (GPA) is a distinguished “A” school that is dedicated to developing confident, dynamic, educated young women. We are a magnet school with approximately 590 girls in grades 6-8 coming from across Hillsborough County.
Innovative teaching and the use of technology are hallmarks of Girls Prep. Each student is issued an iPad 2 to use in every class. Each classroom is outfitted with the latest technology, and teachers incorporate engaging, interactive strategies to create a learning-focused college preparatory community.
Rooted in rigor and the latest research, our teachers create a collegiate and academic environment where girls thrive. With challenging curricula, our girls are encouraged to take academic risks that prepare them for future success.
Learning is not restricted to the classroom, Saturday School and Tuesday through Friday After-School Enrichment Academies are offered to allow our girls to explore and nurture their interests and talents.
Success in advanced, high-level courses, as well as college and future careers, is our goal.
A-Rated by the Florida Department of Education
Points of Pride
• GPA offers 6 different High School credit classes
• Received the top honor from Magnet Schools of America as a Magnet School of Excellence
• GPA offers an extensive Tuesday- Friday After-School Enrichment Program free of charge
• GPA has outperformed both the state and district averages on the FSA for the past 4 years.
• 100% of GPA’s students who took the Geometry last year passed Florida’s End of Year Course Exam.
• GPA’s 7th graders outscored both the state and district on Florida’s Civics End of Course Exam.
• GPA’s 1:1 iPad initiative program was recognized as an Apple Program of Distinction
• GPA was identified by Florida Taxwatch as one of three most effective middle schools in the state of Florida.
• Monthly Saturday School Academies are offered
Visit the GPA website at http://ferrell.mysdhc.org for more information.
Saturday, March 30th, 10am-12pm
4302 North 24th Street
Stop by anytime between 10 AM and 12 PM to meet teachers, learn about the program at Girls Prep Academy and discover why it’s the right choice for your daughter. Former and current students will conduct tours and answer any questions.
What do Parents Say?
- "As an Instructional Mentor, I have the opportunity to travel to different middle schools throughout the county. The faculty and staff at GPA have challenged my daughter’s thinking with rigorous coursework through technology and effective instructional practices that I have not seen anywhere else. Just last year in her Science class, she had the opportunity to communicate with students in two other countries via Skype."
- "Girls Preparatory Academy is one of the best attributes to the community! Without having the distraction of boys, it provides girls with a safe environment to support each other no matter what the circumstances, backgrounds and grains friendships the girls may have never imagined. The staff is phenomenal, struct, but believes in the success of the students. my daughter is attending for her 2nd year and LOVES this school!"
- "As a proud employee of Hillsborough County School District, it was my top priority to find a middle school that could help support my daughter’s love for academics, technology, and could cultivate a safe learning environment rich in opportunities for her to freely express herself. We have found that and more at Ferrell."
- "My daughter is currently a seventh grader at GPA and my husband and I couldn’t be more thrilled for her to have the opportunity to be a student there. She started as a timid sixth grader there and since attending GPA, we have watched her blossom into a confident young lady who is eager to attend college."