April 15th - Language Arts Agenda
Collaboration is Key
2. Gain a better understanding of the tool the district plans on providing to assist us in our goal of creating curriculum maps, pacing guides, and common assessments.
3. Explore the needs of our students through analysis of Aspire and student feedback.
4. Discuss vertical alignment of the 7-12 Common Core standards with a focus on the areas of need.
5. Develop a common academic vocabulary between grade levels.
1. Where are we going?
- District Vision
- Department Vision
3. Data Review
- Aspire data
- 9th grade student survey
4. Vertical Alignment Think Tank
Discuss anchor standards between 7th/8th grade, 8th/9th grade, 9th/10th grade, 10th/11th grade, 11th/12th grade.
Discuss the overlaps between grades. What are we teaching again? Reteaching? Is it necessary? Why?
- Discuss the gaps between grades? What are we not teaching? How do we address those gaps?
5. Common Vocabulary
- Collections versus Common Core
- Terms all students should know