Balclutha Primary School - T3 Wk 3
Newsletter 13 August 2021
Kia Ora e te Whānau and welcome to week 3.
It has been another busy week here at Balclutha Primary School, and it has been wonderful to see so many parents in at school.
On Tuesday and Wednesday we had our second round of parent/ teacher interviews. It was wonderful to see so many parents come along and take the opportunity to discuss their child's learning with the teacher, and in some case with the child as well. This partnership between home and school is important and does have an impact on learning.
Please remember, that even though we have formal interviews twice a year, parents are welcome to come in to discuss their child's learning at any time.
Yesterday we had our school cross country. What a fantastic event. I was very impressed by how hard our students tried and the way they cheered each other on. Thank you also to the parents, grandparents and friends who came along to support our runners. The students who have qualified will compete in the South Otago cross country next Wednesday.
Have a lovely weekend,
Ngā mihi nui,
Welcome to BPS!
Whānau and School Update
Whanau and School Update
If you are wanting an Entertainment App please click on the link below and you will get the Multi City upgrade for the SIngle City Membership.
Next Whānau and School Meeting 26 August 2021 at 7pm in the School staffroom. Everyone welcome.
Whānau and School Co-Presidents
Sara Sutherland and Carleigh Frisby
Balclutha School Thursday 12 August 2021 Cross Country
Farewell Harold and Pip! Before Harold and Pip left us this week, they came along to our Assembly last Friday and handed out our Awards!
Room 1 ran so well at yesterday’s cross country!
On Tuesday, three students from Room 2 went to a workshop where they learnt how to use a new storytelling app on our new iPads. They are looking forward to sharing this new programme with the rest of the class.
We also had a visit this week from Room 12 who helped us with some buddy writing. Having the opportunity to sit with an older student who can guide us through our writing has produced some amazing work, so hopefully we can continue to meet and build up our writing skills.
Room 3 - Zayden, Zavier and Manahi loved climbing over the fence in the cross country track! Look at the big smiles on their faces.
Room 5 have been busy working on their Maths this week as well as visiting Harold and Pip in the bus!
Room 6 children busily practising their coordinates & grid references skills by playing battleships for maths.
Room 12 have been writing and practising their speeches this week!
Room 11 - Our Year 8 students showed off their cross country skills on Thursday, with Molly and Rylan leading the way.
Congratulations to our Award Winners at last week's Assembly
- Emily Sutherland - being such a responsible student. Emily you are always willing to help and are so kind to your peers.
- Suasamani Anitelea - gaining confidence in his letter - sound knowledge
- Penelope Talione Vasa Pene - Always being helpful and polite in the classroom.
Room 3 -
- Charlotte Watt - for being a responsible student who always tries her best in everything she does!
- Aydan Field - for having such a great attitude to school and learning. He always gives 100% in all he does.
Room 5 -
- Lexi Karrol - for having a strong work ethic and motivation to learn and look out for others.
- Paige McPhee working hard, being organised and helping everyone when needed.
Room 6 -
- Meg Smith - for kindness and showing empathy towards others.
- Lennix Hill - for outstanding writing.
Room 12 -
- Tayla Smith - Showing respect and empathy towards others when they are hurt.
Room 11 -
- Rashaun Melvin - for leading by example.
- Makayla Seed - for showing independence and initiative with her class work.
- School Saveloys, sport fees and all camp fundraising - 02 0900 0000 452 00
- Whānau and School, fundraising, school uniforms (2nd hand and new) -
- 03 1734 0006449 00