WLC Remote Learning Update
A message from Mr. Bagley and Ms. Edmunds
We can do this!
Welcome to our first full week of remote learning. This is challenging to say the least, but we have seen some wonderful learning happening. Mr. Bagley and I have had the opportunity to pop into google hangouts and see some online classes in progress. We have talked with students and parents about how things are going and will adjust where we can. We are learning together as a community and we thank you for your patience and all the time we know you are spending helping your kids. As always, if you have any questions, please contact us.
A couple of reminders:
1. If students are struggling with their Chromebook, they should contact the Tech Office @ (603)732-9340 to report their problem and designate a drop off time for the non-working Chromebook and to receive a working Chromebook. The Tech office will be open Monday- Friday 8am-4pm
2. If you have problems with the technologies that teachers are using and can't figure out what to do, you can email our super tech support team.This is Mr. Tyler, Ms. White, and Ms. Erickson. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you receive a phone call from "private number" it may be one of your child's teachers trying to contact you. Teachers may be using their cell phones to reach out.
4. Students who do not have internet access should drop work off at the school or mail it in. We will mail you more work!
5. Report cards will not be mailed out. You will need to login to Powerschool to see them. Grades will be captured at 10am on April 8.
Thank you again! WLC is strong together! Let us know if you need anything.
Sarah and Brian