St. Viator Parish School
Viator Voice: September 13, 2021
In honor of Patriots Day we dressed in red, white & blue!
Kindergarten Prayer Circle with our Parents
Terra Nova Testing Reminder
Standardized tests are yet another tool that is used to evaluate how students in a given class or school perform in relation to other students. Since the same test is given to a large number of students throughout the country, the results give the school personnel a common yardstick of “standard” of measure to determine whether school programs are succeeding, as well as a “snapshot” of the skills and abilities of all its students.
- Terra Nova testing begins Monday, September 20.
- Testing is for all students in Grades 2 through 8.
The Terra Nova is a standardized achievement test taken by students nationwide. Most of us are well aware that these test results do no equal intelligence. The main purpose of the test is to provide the school with information that can be used to help teachers make sound educational decisions about student learning and curriculum development. The score results allow us to monitor our students’ annual growth, and also help us identify areas of achievement as well as needed areas of meaningful improvement. Our commitment to our students inspires us to want to provide the strongest and most effective instruction possible. Standardized testing is an important component in the data that is continuously disaggregated and analyzed s learning outcomes re being measured.
Prepare your child for testing:
- Have your children arrive at school on time this week.
- Remember, taking tests can be hard work and require lots of energy.
- We recommend that students get plenty of rest and eat a nourishing breakfast and lunch on test days.
As always, thank you for your support and cooperation!
Drama Ministry is Back!
SVS Community Reach
Monday, September 13, 2021
- Prayer and Flag ~ Grade 7B
Tuesday: September 14, 2021
Wednesday: September 15, 2021
- 10 AM Communion Services Gr. 1-4, Dress Uniform
Thursday: September 16, 2021
- 8:05 AM Halloween Carnival Meeting, Check in at office after drop off
Friday, September 17, 2021
- 11:30 AM All School Dismissal for Diocesan Conference