Week of November 13- November 17, 2023
Dear Puma Families,
We are beginning week 15 of the school year. This is the last week before Thanksgiving Break. Students and staff will be off Monday, November 20th, through Friday, November 24th.
Students and staff will report back on Monday, November 27th.
We will have a Spirit Week this week to celebrate a kickoff to our basketball season and the last week before break. Show your pride by dressing up each day. See dress-up days in the image below.
The semester will end on Wednesday, December 20th. Students will complete final exams or EOC/Milestones exams depending on the courses they are taking this semester. The final exam and EOC schedules are provided below.
Students will complete courses this semester and begin with new classes in January. It is vital to remain aware of your child's academic progress. Reach out to your child's teacher with any questions or concerns regarding your child's performance.
Below are upcoming events to be aware of.
- Saturday, November 11th-- Annual Latino Youth Conference, Emory University 9am-4pm
- Tuesday, November 14th-- Fall Pep Rally, Gym, 1:30pm
- Tuesday, November 14th-- Basketball Girls & Boys vs Gordon Central, 6/7:30pm
- Wednesday, November 15th-- 3DE Culimating Event, all 10th Graders, Dalton State, 9:15-1pm
- Wednesday, November 15th-- Field Trip, ESS, Dalton State, EMS, Police 9-1pm
- Wednesday, November 15th-- Junior Class meeting: Class Rings (Jostens), Mini Cafe, FLT
- Thursday, November 16th-- Job Fair, Mini Cafe, FLT
- Thursday, November 16th- Field Trip, Newcomers, 10:30-12:30pm
- Friday, November 17th-- Class Ring Orders (Jostens), Mini Cafe, Lunch
- Saturday, November 18th-- Swim Meet, DHS, 9am
Thank you for entrusting us with your child's education. If you have any questions or need further information about any of these events, please feel free to contact us.
Highlights from This Week!
Senior Andy Reynoso and his family during his send-off event. Andy will be playing professional soccer in Argentina before graduating in May.
FCCLA went to Dalton Square Assisted Living and painted nails for some residents as our November Community Service Project.
North Georgia National Bank
Representatives talked with our seniors about Banking 101,
Canvas Parent Observer
- If you haven't yet become a Parent Observer for your child on Canvas, we encourage you to follow the outlined steps below to gain access. This tool proves highly effective in staying well-informed about your child's educational journey.
Want to be a TDA Sponsor?
We have 3 levels of sponsorship. All funds go to TDA Student Council. Our student government organization supports sports, extracurricular, and academic student-led initiatives. Please consider becoming a sponsor today! Reach out to Julia Cagle for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
- All student drivers are required to have a parking pass. $30. In the front office
- If your child is interested in playing sports for TDA, have them contact Coach P.
Who Do You Call If You Have An Issue?
Main Office Phone Number: (706)876-4700
(you can be transferred to anyone from this number)
Dr. Matthew Mederios: (706) 876- 4716
Virginia Ruiz: (706) 876-4714
Nurse: (706) 876-4717
Athletic Director, Debra Pourquoi: (706) 278-3903
Attendance Office: (706) 876-4700 -Report tardies, absences, and medication needs.
Business Office: (706) 876-4700 Administrative questions and school business.
Bus/immunization and address questions: (706) 876-4700
Counseling Office: Questions concerning records or schedules, and personal issues.
Last Name A-L: Jay Ashlock (706)876-4698
Last Name M-Z: Dolores Carrillo (706) 876-4710
School Social Worker
Clemencia Ixcoy: 706-876-4698
Cynthia Hoeng: 706-876-4678