Burroughs Conference Information
Para leer en español: En una computadora, haga clic en "Translate" en la parte superior derecha de la pantalla. En su celular, seleccione el círculo con una persona en la esquina inferior derecha.
School conferences will be Tuesday, October 25th and Thursday, November 10th, 2022 3:45 – 7:15pm. You only need to attend one of those days. These will be held on zoom or in-person. You should receive an email from your child's teacher with details on how to schedule a conference. If you do not receive one, please contact your child's teacher. If you need an interpreter please let your child's teacher know.
The goal of these conferences is to let you know how your child is doing at school, what they are learning and the plan for teaching them this year. It's also a time for you to give feedback and ask questions of the teacher.
How to Prepare Before Conference
- Look over schoolwork
- Talk with your child about any questions/concerns they may have
- Make a list of questions
At the Conference
- Be on time and prepared
- Ask the most important question first
- Give teachers positive feedback- what is working
- Give your child’s teacher your contact information
- Express your willingness to volunteer if able
- Advocate to for your child
- Figure out next steps to solve any problems
After the Conference
- Update your child
- Make a plan with your child
- Follow up with teacher and/or other support staff
- Continue to stay in touch with the teacher/support staff
Possible Questions to Ask
(Pick no more than 3)
- How will my student be evaluated?
- What are my child’s strongest and weakest subjects?
- What are some examples my child’s strengths and weaknesses?
- Does my child turn homework in on time?
- What can I do at home to help support my child’s academic progress?
- What types of tests & evaluations will my child have to take this year?
- How are my child’s test-taking skills?
- Is my child participating in class discussions and activities?
- How are my child’s social skills at school?
- Does my child seem engaged?
- Have you noticed any unusual behaviors?
- Has my child missed any classes other than excused absences?
- Do you think my child is reaching his or her potential?