The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 1/21/2018
Celebrating DDE's Educator of the Year, Ms. Coffey, at the 1/16/2018 Board of Education meeting!
Our science students are researching quakeproof structures through group station work.
6th grade mathematicians work in stations: percent of a whole.
- Spring sports will start on Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
- Spring sports interest meetings will be held during the school day on Tuesday, February 6, 2018 (these meetings are for students; parents/guardians do not attend).
- Forms are due by Tuesday, February 20, 2018 .
- Physicals conducted on March 7, 2017 and later are valid for the Spring sports season.
Questions? Please contact Mrs. King at email@example.com
Important Information for 8th Graders
- Please see the following link regarding your child's Freehold Borough High School Scheduling Appointment: http://bit.ly/2rorVR5
- Please see the following link regarding your child's Freehold Township High School Scheduling Appointment: http://bit.ly/2FWws0C
- Attached please find a letter from Freehold Borough High School regarding orientation: http://bit.ly/2rhfSoI
- If you haven't done so already, please order your graduation gown through Jostens. Orders are due Tuesday, January 30, 2018. An email with instructions was sent on January 2, 2018. If you have any questions, please email Traci Ambrose at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please see the attached information and application for Sheriff Youth Week, which is available to 8th grade students who will be entering high school (takes place in July): http://bit.ly/2mH525P
Our awesome PTO has amazing pocketbooks and gift baskets lined up! Special thanks to our sponsors (see below) who have signed on to help make this event fabulous! If you are interested in donating a gift basket for our gift basket auction, please see the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15ufHjOejT_OhT8VvsD9lo8Dx1C5g1u9T/view?usp=sharing
Thank you to our very generous sponsors!
- Whenever you shop on Amazon, please use this link to go through AmazonSmile. A portion of each eligible sale will go to the Eisenhower Middle School PTO! Happy Shopping, Generals! https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-2634420
- Our next PTO meeting is Thursday, March 15, 2018 @ 8:30am in the STEAM Center.
- Our bagel sale is ongoing, and we are still in need of volunteers! If you have an hour in the morning, please email Jen Serluco, PTO President, at email@example.com. Prices are as follows: $3 for a bagel and a bottle of water; $2 for just a bagel; $1 for just a bottle of water.
- If you are going to a wrestling match, basketball game, or to see the cheerleaders cheer, please consider selling concessions to help support the PTO. We're using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming SignUps. Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click this link to see our SignUps on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/vPOKOmv
- Review the SignUps listed and choose the one(s) you like.
- Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact PTO President, Jen Serluco, at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will sign you up manually.
- PTO questions? email@example.com
Mark Your Calendar
- Wednesday, January 24: Early Dismissal - Parent Conferences - Please note: If you have not yet scheduled conferences and wish to do so, please email the teachers directly. You may find email addresses here: http://bit.ly/2FIT7gx
- Wednesday, January 24: Chipotle Fundraiser, 4:00pm-8:00pm
- Tuesday, January 30: Early Dismissal - Parent Conferences
- Tuesday, January 30: 8th Grade Graduation Gown Orders Due to Jostens
- Friday, February 2: Pocketbook Bingo
- Thursday, March 15: PTO Meeting @ 8:30am in the STEAM Center
- April 30-May 7: PARCC Testing - All Grades
- Tuesday, May 8: NJASK Science Testing - 8th Grade