3/24/16 & 4/1/16
Note from Ms. Bradshaw!
Note the addition of many end of year dates to remember!
April 2 - April 10th- Spring Break
Friday, April 15th- Science Fair (Kindergarten 1:00-3:00)
Thursday, May 5th - Mother's Day Tea
Friday, May 27th- Farm Day
Friday, June 3rd- Field Day
Wednesday, June 15th- End of Year Show*
Friday, June 17th- Dads and Donuts
Wednesday, June 22nd - Last Day of School
*Subject to change
- practiced using +, -, and = in number stories.
- number line addition and subtraction
- domino addition
- collected a teen number of objects and compared more/less
- solid shape match up (2D & 3D game of memory)
- skip counting with calculators
- using a pan balance to level objects (make equal weights)
- practiced estimating candies in a jar- making smart guesses
- decomposed numbers into two smaller parts
We have been reading many non-fiction books in preparation for the next writing unit! Ask your child what they are going to write about!
Whether kindergarteners are just looking at the pictures, pointing out letters, or even identifying words, having books for children to look at is ideal to helping them become a beginning reader AND start to have a love for reading!
Follow the directions below to purchase books. Your purchases will also give our class “points” which I can redeem for books and activities to use in our classroom!
REGISTER at www.scholastic.com/bookclubs
ENTER the class activation code LYXLB
CHOOSE from hundreds of print titles, award winning authors, value packs, and educational games and activities
SUBMIT the order to me, the teacher.
EARN more free books for you and our classroom
Thanks for supporting our classroom library!