Happenings Worth Hollering About!
October 17, 2012
The Low Down
We are busy busy this time year! Please make sure that you are consistently checking the google calendar and your child's agenda because that is where I post all of the happenings for our class. I also try to include when I am going to be out for Professional Development, so the students are prepared for my absence.
- Volunteer Opportunities: I have a list of opportunities available and will be sending out an email by Friday evening with options to volunteer in the class. I haven't forgotten!
- Home Access Center: Usernames and passwords are available for pick up in the front office.
- Family Movie Night: Halloweentown on the upper playground. Activities start at 6:30pm, movie starts at 8pm.
- Fall Treat: Ms. Faklaris will be contacting the parents that volunteered to provide treats. Students will be in costume, but the costume must be related to a book character. Also, Fall Treat will start at 1:30 pm.
- Report Cards: Coming home very soon! The day will either be Friday or Monday. There have been some computer glitches that have caused the process to run a bit less than smooth, so admin is working very hard to get these out ASAP.
- Grade Reports: I will be printing grade reports to go home with the report card. If you have any questions, please let me know.
As always, please contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!
-Harry, Nerfy, and Ms. Garris
ITBS testing will be taking place next week from Monday, October 22nd to Friday, October 26th.
The testing schedule is as follows:
Monday: Vocab and reading comp
Thursday: Social Studies/Science
Because of testing, we will not be giving any homework; however, we are going to be stressing the importance of a good night's rest, healthy eating, and plenty of activity, so they are able to focus and do their best during testing.
Testing will begin PROMPTLY at 8:15 am. Please make sure your child is here on time and ready to test by 7:40 am.
Here is what our schedule will look like during testing:
7:10 - 7:30 am / Cafeteria or Gym
7:30 - 8:05 am / Bathroom break, quiet reading, wake me uppers
8:05 - 8:10 am / Last call for bathroom break
8:15 - 10:30 am / TESTING
10:30 - 11:20 am / Snack, bathroom break, quiet reading, art activity, writing activity
11:25 - 11:55 am / Specials
12:00 - 12:15 pm / Get ready for lunch, read aloud
12:15 - 12:45 pm / Lunch
12:50 - 1:05 pm / Recess
1:10 - 2:10 pm / Instructional time, Distler and I will be determining what our instructional schedule will be
2:20 pm / Dismissal
Thank you so much for all that you do! I know every student will do their best!