Westridge Wildcat News
August 6th, 2021
School Arrival and Dismissal Times
Following are the arrival and dismissal times for each school level.
MTWF: 8:20 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.
TH: 8:20 a.m. - 2 p.m.
MTWF: 9 a.m. - 3:55 p.m.
TH: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
MTWF: 8:25 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
TH: 8:25 a.m. - 3:05 p.m.
Click here for the full schedule on the district website.
Kindergarten Meet and Greet:
WESTRIDGE PTSO, Kinder Meet Up Chair: Megan
Wednesday August 18th 4:00pm-6:00pm
WESTRIDGE ELEMENTARY PLAYGROUND
3400 Royce Way
Lake Oswego, OR
Summer Office Hours at Westridge
Hello Wildcat Families!Although the office is on summer break, we will be here to answer emails, voicemails and phone calls during Summer Office Hours which are Wednesdays from 9:00am-12pm. Jodi will return to the office full time on August 16th and Andrea is back on August 23rd. Feel free to email us with any questions and we will get back to you during office hours.
We hope you are having the best summer ever! We can't wait to see you in the fall!
Jodi Steward (Principal's Secretary) firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Murphy (Registrar) email@example.com
Register for the Bus! Due August 13th
For questions about the bus, please contact Student Transportation of America at 503.387.5078
School Supply Lists: 2021-2022
- 2 dozen #2 Ticonderoga pencils, sharpened
- 1 Paper Mate White Pearl eraser
- 1 pair child-size Fiskars rounded tip scissors
- 1 set 10 count Crayola broad washable markers
- 1 set 24 count Crayola Twistable crayons
- 1 set 12 count Crayola Twistable Colored Pencils
- 12 small white glue sticks (no colored, please)
- 1 bottle Elmer’s white school glue
- 1 single tray Prang watercolor paints
- 1 Mead wide ruled composition book (not spiral)
- 1 box tissues
- 3 pkgs. unscented baby wipes
- 1 box ziploc sandwich baggies
- 1 container disinfecting Clorox wipes
- 1 Purell Hand Sanitizer
- 1 set of headphones in a Ziploc bag, labeled with your child’s name
- Pencil Box (single sided)
First Grade (brand specific please)
- 24 Pack Crayola Crayons (x2)
- 12 Pack Broad Line Crayola Washable Markers
- 2 white erasers
- 2 Ultra Fine Point black Sharpies
- 4 Fine Tip black Expo pens
- 24 Ticonderoga Pencils
- 4 Elmers glue sticks
- 1 pair of Fiskar scissors
- 2 plastic pocket folders (sturdy)
- 1 wide ruled spiral notebook
- 1 plastic pencil box
- Crayola watercolors paint set (12 or 16 count)
Optional and Appreciated
- Lysol wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Baby wipes
- Tissue box
Second Grade (brand specific please)
- 2 boxes of 24 count Crayola crayons (NO BIGGER THAN 24 COUNT CRAYONS)
- 1 set Crayola broad washable markers
- 1 set Crayola fine washable markers
- 1 set of 24 count colored pencils, sharpened
- 4 dozen #2 Ticonderoga pencils, sharpened
- 2 Paper Mate White Pearl erasers
- 8 small white glue sticks (no colored please)
- 1 ultrafine black Sharpie marker
- 4 Expo brand black fine tip dry erase markers (black only please!)
- 2 wide-ruled spiral journal
- 3 Mead wide ruled composition books
- 1 box of tissues
- 2 packages of unscented baby wipes
- 1 pack of disinfecting wipes (Clorox, Lysol or Kirkland)
- 1 Purell hand sanitizer
- 1 set of headphones or earbuds in a ziplock bag labeled with your child's name
- Last name A-M: 1 package of gallon size ziplock bags
- Last name N-Z: 1 package of sandwich size ziplock bags
*DO NOT LABEL ITEMS WITH NAMES
Third Grade (brand specific please)
- 1 pack of 24 Crayola colored pencils, sharpened and not erasable
- 48 Ticonderoga #2 pencils sharpened
- 2 Paper Mate Flair black 1.0 medium point pens
- 1 set of Crayola Broad Line Markers
- 1 set of Crayola Fine Line Markers
- 2 Sanford Magic Rub eraser
- 2 large white Avery brand glue sticks 1.27 ounce
- 2 packs disinfecting wipes (Clorox, Lysol, or Kirkland)
- 1 box Kleenex
- 1 Purell Hand Sanitizer
- 1 pkg Post it® Notes, 1½" x 2"
- 1 pkg Post it Notes 3" x 3"
- 1 1 inch D-Ring Heavy Duty View 3-Ring Binder
- 1 handheld pencil sharpener
Fourth Grade (some items are brand specific)
- 1 set of 24 Crayola Colored pencils - sharpened (labeled)
- 2 highlighters (yellow and pink)
- Black Ink Paper Mate Flair pens, medium point, pack of 2
- 2 dozen Ticonderoga pencils- sharpened
- 2 Sanford Magic Rub erasers
- 2 X-acto or Boston brand sliding door handheld pencil sharpener
- Earbuds with a microphone for ipads & laptop computer (labeled)
- 3 Mead composition books (students will use theirs, they do not need to be labeled)
- 3 pocket folders (students will use theirs, they don't need to be labeled)
- 1 box tissues
- 2 packs of disinfecting wipes (Clorox, Lysol or Kirkland)
- 1 Purell hand sanitizer
- One 1 1/2 inch Simply (brand) View Binders with Round Rings, white
- 1 set of Avery Big- Tab Insertable plastic dividers with pockets
- 1 handheld pencil sharpener (Exacto/Boston manual slide door)
- 1 pencil eraser
- 6 single subject spirals, 150 page or more, single subject
- 3 folders with pockets
- 1 set crayola colored pencils, 24 count, sharpened
- 2 boxes of tissue
- 2 dozen Ticonderoga #2 pencils, sharpened
- 3 highlighters (pink, yellow, green)
- 1 packet of expo dry erase markers- Black only please
- 2 large white Avery glue sticks 1.27 ounce (no colored, please)
- 4 containers clorox disinfecting wipes
- Earbuds for laptop computers and state testing (with microphone)
- Bottle of Purell Hand Sanitizer
- Last name A-M: - Bottle of White Liquid Elmer's Glue
- Last name N-Z: 3x3 Post-it Notes
- 1 Zippered Pencil Pouch- 3 ring zippered pencil pouch with dimensions of around 9 inches x 7 inches. See example here: Pencil Pouch
Save the Date: Smart Start August 26th
Smart Start is an opportunity specifically for our students with 504s and IEPs, and their parents and guardians, to make introductions with their teachers and to feel prepared for the start of school. For the 2021-22 School Year, Smart Start is in person Aug. 26, 2021, from 1-3 p.m.
Teachers will be familiar with your student’s plan and accommodations. To help better know your students, please complete the attached one-page profile or create one on your own ahead of time, and give it to the teacher at the Smart Start introduction.
Also, to assist in your family’s preparation for the new school year, please click here for a Smart Start checklist for parents and guardians of students with 504s and IEPs.
Verify Student Info Before Returning to School
- Ensuring that schools have accurate information to reach parents and other contacts in both emergency and non-emergency situations. Verification is important even if your address or contact information has not changed over the past year because the school may have incorrect information from a previous year.
- Confirming parent email addresses for Google Classroom and other applications to participate in your student's learning.
- Enabling distribution of key information in the district's K-12 Family Handbook and Technology Agreement.
If you have forgotten your ParentVUE password, go to the login page, click "I am a Parent," then click "Forgot Password." If you are unsure whether you have a ParentVUE account, contact your student's school. For assistance with the verification process, refer to the user guide on the LOSD website or contact your student's school.
Extended Day Service
LOSD is reopening its Extended Day Service (before and after school) for the 2021-22 school year. Registration will open next week.
Extended Care will be hosted by LOSD Community Schools at Oak Creek and River Grove Elementary Schools. Students attending Lake Grove and Forest Hills will be bused from and to Oak Creek Elementary, and students attending Hallinan, Palisades and Westridge will be bused from and to River Grove Elementary.
View important program details here: Begin Your Musical Journey!
Calendar dates for 2021-2022 (link)
Parent-Student Info nights:
- Wednesday, Sept. 1 and Tuesday, Sept. 7, Uplands Elementary, 7 p.m.
- Come and try the instruments and learn about the program! (attendance is optional)
Registration via Community Schools will open mid-August 2021
Back to School Clothes at Clothing Closet
I Love Lake Oswego Clothing Closet is a donation-based closet that provides clothing items and hygiene products for residents, students, and employees that work or live within Lake Oswego.
9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Visit https://www.ilovelakeoswego.com for more information.
Parents-guardians who have concerns about a student’s well-being are encouraged to reach out to their principal, and to maintain strong lines of communication and partnership between students, families, staff, and other resources.
SafeOregon is also an effective way to report a tip regarding safety threats or potential acts of violence to our students or schools.
(Students should also be aware that intentionally providing a false report is a serious offense.)