A Digital Resource Tool
The Advantages of Digital Books
- Keeps the classroom library vibrant and diverse while accommodating more students
- More bang for your buck, school's digital collection becomes part of the classroom
- Students can choose books without fear of of judgment from others
- Personalized reading experiences which aides in accommodating differing learners: Read-Alongs, text-to-speech, audio books, font and text size, various background colors
- Increased value for content area classrooms - non-fiction at all levels for research and inquiry
MackinVia E-books – Logging In
VRA students and families have access to over 700 e-books to read via MackinVIA. Some books are interactive, some can be used as a read aloud, while others are simply a standard book to be read online. Some e-books are multi-user while the others are single user check-out.
Username = e-number (s-number for students)
Password = school/district log-in (animal password for students)
If you can’t log-in into your account, you can go in as a guest, don’t choose a location, username - vra and password – hawks.
What resources are available?
Online or Using the App
- Online via your web browser - there is not an option to download
- Via the app in Apple or Android the book can be downloaded for use offline
- Laptop, Tablet, IPad, or cell phone
How can I use MackinVia in the classroom?
- Whole class Read Aloud
- Independent Reading on level
- Guided Reading - small group instruction
- Support Struggling Readers and ELL with Interactive and Read-Along options
- Non-fiction Reading/Science and Social Studies instruction
- Centers/STEAM Stations
- Conducting Research and citing sources
- Buddy Reading via Skype
- Creating and Sharing Digital Stories
- Literature Groups/Book Clubs