Summit Virtual Academy
Weekly Update - Week of October 03, 2022
2022/2023 School Year, Happy Homecoming!
Good afternoon, Blackhawks! I hope you all have enjoyed your homecoming week and are planning on watching your Blackhawks take on Goodrich tonight. It ought to be a good game. Don't forget, before the game the annual Homecoming parade will take place downtown even with construction. I hope you all can attend. Remember, all Summit Virtual Academy students in good standing are eligible to sports, clubs, and extracurriculars, and these are a great way to stay actively involved in the school.
This past week, if you are not already working with Mr. Belluomo as your mentor from Brandon, you were introduced to him via email. Moving forward, he will be your main contact. I am always available to help where I can, however.
This past week, we also completed in person NWEA testing and work on EDPs. Remember, this year the NWEA test will be taken a total of three times, in fall, winter, and spring. Also remember that the state of Michigan requires that ALL students in grades K-12 complete yearly work on EDPs/career planning. Work for this year was started this past week. If your student did not finish, s/he will want to finish working at home. This is to be completed by May 30.
As always, contact the office at 248-627-1820.
BHS Assistant Principal
Summit Virtual Academy Principal
| || |
Summit Virtual Academy Counselor
NWEA and EDP Reminder
- Go to https://www.brandonschooldistrict.org/
- Go to the "Parents and Students" tab
- Click on XELLO for grades 6-12
- Once in XELLO, click on "Begin my EDP." All check marks need to be completed and the percentage wheel must read 100%
- For students K-5, please make sure all missions are completed with a green checkmark
Upcoming Count Day - October 05, 2022
- Submit at least one graded assignment in each of your online classes on count day
- Demonstrate steady two-way communication weekly over a period of four weeks, from October 05 - November 01
Remember, students being fully counted is extremely important for the entire school community. If you have any questions, please reach out to the office.
Virtual Financial Aid Night
Reminder of Expectations
- Expect your student to work for roughly 45-60 minutes per day, per course
- By now, you should have been reached out to by a counselor regarding your course progress. These will happen once a week. It is extremely important that you respond to communication. Please note that the student needs to respond and be in communication, not just the parent(s).
- Your main point of contact for content specific questions is your course instructor. If you need help doing so, don't hesitate to reach out to us at 248-627-1820.
Conferences - Elementary and Secondary
Link for elementary overview: https://e.edmentum.com/eoa-getting-started-students-parents-caregivers/
Instructional Model overview for online learning (last page has links embedded to parent orientation presentations):
Brandon Library Teen Event
Upcoming Brandon School District Events
- Homecoming Parade - Friday, September 30, 5:30pm, downtown Ortonville
- BHS Homecoming Football game vs Goodrich - Friday, September 30, 7:00pm
- BHS Homecoming Dance - Saturday, October 01, BHS Cafeteria
- Picture Retake Day - October 04, all day (High School students)
- October 05 - Count Day