Parr Patriot News
1st-5th grade First Day of School Information
You can drop your child off in the car line. We will have staff members available to walk them down to the classroom.
Kinder-2nd grade-There is a gate in the front and the back of the building that you can enter and follow the side walk to the pod door. The 1st and 2nd grade pod is located on the side of the building opposite of the new playground. You can park in the front/side parking and walk through the front gate or in the gym parking and go through the back gate. We will have staff members available to walk them from the pod door to the classroom. Kinder can be dropped off at the pod door on this day also.
3rd-5th grade pod dropoff-
You can park and walk your child to the grade level pod door. You can enter from the front gate by the new playground or the back gate by the new parking lot. 3rd grade pod door is closest to Hwy 3, 4th grade is in middle and 5th is closest to the back of the building.
If your child rides the bus or daycare van, they will be dropped off by the gym and will be escorted to class by staff members.
We know this might be different than you envisioned but these options are the safest for our students and staff.
Starting day 2, all car riders will need to be dropped off in car rider line on the side of the building. You will not be able to walk them to grade level pod door.
Please make sure your child's teacher knows how your child will go home!
Car Riders- If your child is a car rider- we ask that students enter and exit the car from the passenger side. Please do not get out of your car. We will assist in getting the student out of the car. Please make sure students have their mask on before you come to a stop. We will have a high volume of cars so we want all students prepared to get out of the car as quickly as possible. In the afternoon, you can pull into the parking lot to buckle your child if you need to. We ask that you do not do it in the car line as it holds up dismissal.
Please pay attention to the dismissal map below.
Please be patient during dismissal. Social distancing makes our processes take longer!
Update from Nurse Burke
Parr Elementary’s school nurse is Allison Burke RN, BSN and the clinic aide is Brianna Lombardi. Please notify the nurse if your child has a medical condition, life-threatening allergy, or needs to take medication while at school. Any information you can provide to help us care for your child while at school is appreciated.
Here are some things you can do to help your child have a healthy school year:
- Make sure to complete the self-screener with your child daily before coming to school (including taking their temp).
- Keep your child home if they are sick or if they cannot pass the self-screener.
(If your child cannot pass the screener, please fill out the “Wellness Check” on Skyward Family Access to let us know.)
- Make sure your phone numbers and emergency contacts are updated in Skyward.
- Please pack an extra change of clothes for your child to keep in their backpack all year.
- Review with your child how to, and the importance of, wearing their mask, washing their hands, and watching their distance when they return to school.
If you need to contact Nurse Burke you can email her at email@example.com or call the clinic at 281-284-4113
Technology Reminders-Bring back devices!
Family Reminders from the District
- All parents/guardians are required to conduct a COVID-19 self-health assessment prior to sending their children to school every day. Click here for the health assessment.
- If a child has one or more symptoms, he/she must stay home.
- Parents are asked to self-report symptoms by logging into Skyward Family Access and complete the form on the home screen. This will notify the school that the child will be absent and give the school nurse information to follow-up.
- Make sure your child has a face covering that covers the nose and mouth. If you need an accommodation, please contact the school principal.
- Pack a water bottle since water fountains will not be accessible. Refillable water stations will be available. At Parr we have two water bottle refill stations-- one at the front of the building by the library restrooms and a second at the back of the building by the gym restrooms.
- Consider packing a lunch for the first week.
Child Nutrition Back to School Information
Please click on the link below to access the counselor's disclosure letter
Normal School Hours-7:55-3:25 pm. Tardy bell rings at 8:10-Doors open at 7:45 a.m.
If you have any library books or leveled readers that belong to Parr, you may bring them back next week!
Gifted and Talented Referrals
The Gifted & Talented Program is designed for students who demonstrate significantly above-average achievement or potential in the areas of general intellectual ability, specific subject matter aptitude, and creative/productive thinking skills. Criteria for selection include cognitive skill tests, professional recommendations, classroom performance and portfolio samples. The deadline for accepting referrals for students in grades 1 – 12 is October 1, 2020. The deadline for accepting referrals for students in kindergarten is December 1, 2020. For more information, please contact Alison McKinney, the Advanced Academics Specialist at Parr Elementary, 281-284-4100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.