Team KB News
May 4, 2015
Kindergarten Bubble Day
Thursday, May 28th, 12-3pm
IWES Danforth, 101 Locust Street, Danforth IL 60930
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Upcoming Important Dates - Please read today and note the dates!
- Monday, May 4th - Some Like it Hot program with Mrs. Luhman.
- The P.T.T./IW Walkathon will be May 8th - time TBD. Please come and cheer us on if you are able! Every dollar raised helps the children of IWES-Danforth! It would be great if someone would like to donate popsicles and/or water bottles for the finish line.
- Friday, May 15th - is Career Day in Kindergarten. We invite your child to dress up as their future career.
- Monday, May 18th - Corn Program with Mr. Haigh from Ag in the Classroom
- Wednesday, May 20th - School Dismisses two hours early. Please note - the F.A.S.T. program will NOT be held on this day!
- Thursday, May 21st - Marilynn Geisler Day - please have your child wear yellow!
- Friday, May 22nd - 50 Nifty Concert @ GES 10:30 am AND Box Top RC Assembly @ DES 1:00pm
- Monday, May 25th - Memorial Day - No School
- Thursday, May 28th - Bubble Day (afternoon) - plans are in the works. Please let me know if you are willing to help Kim Miller (Paige's mom - KA) with planning AND/OR if you are able to come and help on that afternoon.
- Friday, May 29th - Teacher's Institute - No School
- Monday, June 1st - Report Card Day - 2 hour early dismissal
A Couple of Important End of Year Items:
- The free tickets to a Cornbelters Baseball Game will be in before the end of the year! I love free family fun!!! Keep Reading!
- The Book Ed Program End of the Year Pizza Party will be announced soon. Watch the newsletter!
- Our last Library Class will be May 13th - please make sure to return your child's book as soon as you are finished reading it. Library books are due back by May 19th.I would like to avoid Report Card holds if at all possible :)
- We have a BoxTop Promotion going on right now. I am not sure if Mrs. Gustafson sent anything home, so I thought I would mention it. We will be having a Remote Control Truck "race" and for every 400 BoxTops that are turned in we will add another truck to the race. The teachers will be the truck controllers for each team. As an added incentive we have Will and Andy Tatro coming May 22nd to do an RC Car demonstration with ramps and jumps and racing! Super Fun!!! Send in those Box Tops so we can do really well and have lots of fun!
Reminders and Notes from Mrs. Rodriguez
Please remember...I try to fill my newsletter with gentle reminders and ideas for you to talk about with your child. The children are wanting to rush through things and turn in sloppy work. Now that we have covered almost all of the letter formations and number formations as well as how to stay in the lines when we color I told them that today was the day! We are going to do our very best in all that we do, from lining up quietly to writing nicely to coloring nicely to following directions the first time we are told to remembering all of the various procedures in our school.
PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! - if your phone number changes, please let the office know! We need to be able to get a hold of you if your child is sick or something happens.
REMEMBER: When your child needs to be absent please call the school to let us know so that we don't worry about them. The school's phone number is at the bottom of this page, and is also on the magnet you received at BackPack and a Snack. AND: When your child is well enough to return to school please either write a note or send in the note from the doctor's office.
PLEASE: Keep a $10.00 balance in your child's lunch account!! Parents, please remember that milk break milks ARE NOT covered for those who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunches. There is still a $.25 charge per milk each day.
PLAYTIME: We will have recess and P.E. class outdoors as the weather permits. Please make certain that your child comes to school dressed appropriately for the weather...coat, hat, gloves. We do not go out if the playground is slushy, or if the temperature is super cold or it is really windy. I do believe that the fresh air is good for the germ control aspect of life.
Our class online code is GV4GV. The book order is due 5/16/15. Feel free to order online or with the flyer I am sending home next week. Thanks for helping your child love to read!
Can your family help us??
- It would be wonderful if you were able to save BoxTops and Campbell's Labels for Education for our school. Just watch for expiration dates on those BoxTops!
- We love to use "good garbage" like clean empty frosting containers for pencil cups and empty Crystal Light containers for literacy stations.
- We have a wonderful partnership with G.O.D.'s Food Pantry in Gilman. If your family is able to send something that begins with the letter of the week for sharing that would be super!