September 1, 2021
Monroe Eagles and Families,
It is Welcome Back week on our Monroe campus as our wonderful faculty returns tomorrow for a week of planning and preparation as we get ready to open school on Wednesday, September 8th (link). There is still quite a bit to do, but at this point, our enrollment looks great and we cannot wait to welcome our Eagles to the 2021/2022 school year.
Below is an update including important Back-to-School dates and reminders. Some of the below information was included in previous updates, some has been revised, and some has been newly added.
Please remember our Meet Your Teacher evening this Thursday (9/2) from 5:00pm to 6:30pm. This is a stop-by-when-convenient opportunity as there are not formal presentations or meetings. Rather, this is a casual opportunity for our families to meet their teachers, tour our campus, and feel the love. We have been waiting all summer to see you and are thrilled that our hallways and classrooms will, once again, be filled with the sounds of our Eagles.
Welcome Back Schedule:
- This drop-in style school event encourages families to stop-by our campus to meet their teacher, see their classroom, and tour our Monroe campus. Please note - Per family and faculty requests, this event has been moved up on the calendar to better accommodate family schedules. That noted, our classrooms and campus will still be five days away from full, first-day readiness. Nevertheless, we believe it is important for our families to be able to visit our campus as we collectively prepare for opening the school year.
- Student/classroom information will be communicated on Thursday morning (9/2) via our Home Access Center. In addition, greeters will have updated student/classroom information at the event.
- For our Home Access Center please visit the webpage via our district website: https://www.everettsd.org/Page/26203
- If you have school supplies and/or student medications that you need to drop off, please consider bringing these items to Thursday's Meet Your Teacher event. Our Health Room Assistant will be available to meet families and receive needed medications. Please refer to our medication and health documentation/forms for needed information pertaining to medications at school (link). In addition, please feel free to call our Health Room at (425) 385-7306 with any questions.
Wednesday, September 8, 2021 – First Day of School (grades 1 through 5)
Monday, September 13, 2021 – First Day of School (kindergarten)
Important Links for Consideration:
- Our Monroe Back-to-School webpage (link) – This webpage includes a variety of pre-first-day resources including many of the below-noted dates for your calendar
- Our 21/22 Student/Family Handbook (link) – The resource includes a variety of Monroe-specific information, covering a range of topics from daily attendance to in-school medications.
- Kindergarten Specific Information (link) – Linked information is specific to Kindergarten and our welcoming of our newest Eagles (the class of 2034!)
- Back-to-School Resources from our Everett Public (link) – Our Everett Public Schools has shared a wealth of back-to-school information including transportation resources, student technology information, and details related to our health/safety protocols.
9/8 through 9/14 (+ two School Spirit Days)
MOEtown Week is designed to celebrate the return of our students and our collective start to the 2021/2022 school year. Designated for the first five days of our school calendar, this week specifically focuses on building a collaborative, welcoming environment that nurtures the development of meaningful student-to-student and student-to-staff relationships.
As part of this first week together, we will celebrate with two fun-filled "School Spirit Days" that may require some forethought and creativity.
- Flash-Forward Friday (9/10): On our first Friday together (1st through 5th grade), we are going to flash-forward and ask our Eagles to imagine their futures. Students (and faculty) are encouraged to dress accordingly. For example, I’ve always wanted to own my own bookstore. Maybe I dress the part including a nametag for my store. As part of our day, classrooms will be working to infuse this theme into their plans by asking students to imagine their futures as a part of our collective, educational journey.
- Team Tuesday (9/14): Classrooms and schools are teams in many ways. To celebrate our coming together, we are encouraging students and faculty to wear gear from their favorite team. This can be college gear, your favorite professional team, or (be creative) a non-sports-related team.
Enhancing Our School Community
As part of our ongoing efforts to connect and communicate across our Everett community, our Everett Public Schools produces a monthly newsletter. Filled with important information and upcoming events, this monthly resource is an excellent way to stay up-to-date with all of the happenings across our schools and community. Please check out both the English and Spanish versions of our EPS September Newsletter below.
Stuff the Bus Backpack Distribution
Thanks to the generosity of our community who donated supplies through the Stuff the Bus program, we have backpacks available in our school office for those in need of any assistance. Please feel free to stop by this week during office hours or during our Meet Your Teacher evening. Our office team looks forward to helping your child prepare for the school year.
We are looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow evening at our Meet Your Teacher event. The school year is right around the corner, and we are overjoyed to know that our Eagles are soon to return to our Monroe campus.
Thank you for your time - Please take care, stay safe/healthy, and be well.
Tyler & Catarino
Principal & Assistant Principal
Monroe Elementary School
Fax 425-385-7302 Fax