Mojo Choir Newsletter
Week 5 (September 8 - 11)
A LOT of Information!
All of our choirs have been working very hard in the classroom and at home to improve their skills and become better musicians. In addition to that, we have thrown a LOT of information at students over the past week! Please read this week's newsletter to get caught up on all that we have discussed!
New Attendance & Participation Policy for Choir Remote (Online) Learners
Attendance Requirements for Choir
- Students must attend choir class every day
- Students must login using Zoom within the first 2 minutes of class
- Students must have their camera turned on at all time
- All absences will be unexcused unless marked excused by the attendance clerk
- You must call the attendance clerk within 5 days or it will remain unexcused
- Students who enter the room late will be marked tardy
*If you are unable to use your camera, contact the main office at Permian to obtain a working device
Daily Participation Grade
- Students must actively participate in the class
- Students must have appropriate materials, including music, and sing along with the class
- Students who actively participate will receive a daily participation grade of 100
- Students who do not actively participate will receive a grade of 0
TMEA Audition Process for 2020-2021 - SIGN UP NOW!
This year, TMEA has moved to virtual auditions for the duration of the Texas All-State Choir process. The first round of auditions will be in the middle of October, the second in November, and the final round in early January.
CutTime Student & Parent Accounts
The Permian Choir uses CutTime to help manage program communications, student participation records, administer financial records, share volunteer needs, celebrate program events, and so much more.
Invitations to join this system were sent out this week to students. We will be teaching students how to access and update their accounts very soon. Parents should be on the lookout for an invitation email in the next week!
Coming Up Next Week...
- Morning Region Sectional for Soprano 1 & Tenor 1 @ 8:45am
- Monday Night Rehearsal for Region Auditions
Tuesday (September 15)
- Morning Region Sectional for Soprano 2 & Tenor 2 @ 8:45am
Wednesday (September 16)
- Morning Region Sectional for Alto 1 & Bass 1 @ 8:45am
Thursday (September 17)
- Morning Region Sectional for Alto 2 & Bass 2 @ 8:45am
- MANDATORY Parent Information Meeting @ 7:30pm via Zoom
In order to join, text the class code for your class to 81010.
EVERYONE joins this group: @phscho
AND your class...
1st Period (Belle Chanson) - @bchanson
2nd Period (Panther Chorale) - @panthcho
3rd Period (Voca Lyrica) - @vocalyric
5th Period (Kantorei) - @phskanto
7th Period (Cantus) - @cantuscho