News from the View!
Dedicated to furthering the lives of our students.
As we conclude our first month of the school year, I want to share with you how proud I am of our students and staff. The transition into a new grade or even a new school is not easy for all students. Our school community did a tremendous job of welcoming their new community members and developing a school culture that is safe, supportive, and conducive to learning. I want to thank all of our parents for preparing your student for school every day. Your efforts are always appreciated!
In case you missed!
As positive role models, WEB leaders are mentors and student leaders who guide our 6th graders to discover what it takes to be successful during the transition to middle school and help facilitate their success.
We hosted an honor roll breakfast last month. Congrats to the hundreds of Knights who were recognized for third trimester academic success of last year.
All School assembly
Assemblies also provide an opportunity to build community, remind students of building wide expectations and recognize students who contribute to a positive school community through recognitions.
Community Listening Session
Tuesday, Nov. 13th 2018 at 5-7pm
5869 69th Ave N Brooklyn Park MN 55429
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
We, the staff at North View Middle School, commit to…
- Providing challenging academic opportunities that are relevant, engaging, culturally responsive, and rigorous.
- Providing a meaningful, encouraging and safe environment that fosters the whole child, and focuses on student strengths.
- Including data driven best practices and instruction that meets the academic and individual needs of our students, improves student achievement, and promotes growth.
- Engaging in continued professional development to ensure that we are aware of our students’ racial perspectives, challenge our biases, and include practices that serve our diverse student population.
- Providing effective collaborative partnerships with the entire school community by ensuring that we encourage multiple opportunities for involvement, communication, and access.
- Modeling and implementing daily engaging multi-level reading and writing strategies within our classrooms.
- Accepting responsibility for each student’s success and celebrate that success with our school community.
This is my fifth year serving as principal of North View Middle School. Before coming to North View, a large portion of my professional career has been spent with Osseo Area schools, six of which were spent working as the Assistant Principal of Osseo Senior High. Before that, I spent time as a Dean of Students for Richfield High School and middle school level Science teacher and behavior dean with the Minneapolis public school system.
While in Minneapolis, I spent five wonderful years teaching middle level Science at Lincoln Community School and Anishanabe Academy to sixth, seventh and eighth grader and two years providing academic and behavioral support while working as dean. My past experiences have shaped my core beliefs and philosophy of education. For me, schools must be an integral part of the community they serve. They should also be focused on high expectations for all students, and through developmentally appropriate and strong instructional practices, give students the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to exceed these expectations.
If you would like to connect with me please click here. I would love to hear from you!