FDR Middle School
Important Information and Updates for the Month of November
- Length of time out of class (off task)
- Who is using what bathrooms at specific times
- Who is going to places of the building where they don't belong
- Students who ask to use the bathroom every period of the day
I am happy to report that this has resulted in positives for our students and school community.
- Students are hurrying to the bathrooms/water fountains and back to class where they belong.
- We have seen a sharp decrease in bathroom vandalism and inappropriate behavior
- We have seen an increase in "time on task" for our students resulting in improved grades.
Please remember that any time out of class negatively impacts comprehension of materials being taught. Time out of class does add up.
- 3 minutes out of class = 6% of instruction
- 4 minutes out of class = 8% of instruction
- 5 minutes out of class = 10% of instruction
- 6 minutes out of class = 12% of instruction
- 7 minutes out of class = 14% of instruction
- 8 minutes out of class = 16% of instruction
- 9 minutes out of class = 18% of instruction
- 10 minutes out of class = 20% of instruction
Students found to be abusing a pass or out of class for an extended period of time can and will be placed on a restricted pass list.
IMPORTANT - FDR GRADING
Physical Education / Music (Must pass 1/2)
Specials (Must pass 3/4)
We have been reviewing current grades and communicating with students/families regarding progress in the first marking period. Please check your parent portal to review grades and missing assignments to ensure that your children are submitting all of their assignments.
BTSD Technology Fee
Cost to replace Keyboard with Tech Fee = $0 Without Tech Fee = $100
Cost to replace Screen with Tech Fee = $0 Without Tech Fee = $50
Please visit your parent portal account and access the School Store Menu which allows you to pay the technology fee online. If a damaged device is turned in without the technology being paid, a bill/fee will be placed in the portal account for the total amount of repair. Failure to pay this amount can and will result in students not being able to participate in extracurricular activities until the balance is paid in full.
Speak to your children about caring for their devices and making sure that they are charged every day!
Construction at Ben Franklin Middle School
Monthly Fire Drills
FDR Field Hockey takes down Armstrong Middle School
National Junior Honor Society - Thanksgiving Food Drive
FDR Guidance Department - 6th Grade Restorative Practice Lessons
Lessons in restorative practices have started in all 6th grade social studies classes this week and will resume for the next 10 school weeks. These lessons will occur once a week with a guidance counselor or school social worker. Students will build skills in communication, problem solving, conflict resolution, building relationships, and being a peacemaker.
FDR Guidance Department - 8th Grade Tech School Information
Bucks County Technical High School presented their programs to our 8th graders on Friday, October 29th. Their fall open house will be on November 10th from 6-8pm. If your student plans to apply for next year's enrollment it is recommended that you attend this open house. Information about the application process will be available on their website following the open house. Announcements regarding the application process will also be made during the school day in upcoming weeks.
Tuesday, November 16, 2021 - End of First Marking Period
Wednesday, November 24, 2021 - Early Dismissal - Middle School Dismissal - 12:35
Thursday, November 25, 2021 - Thanksgiving - No School
Friday, November 26, 2021 - No School - Offices Closed