The Path September 2020
Scroll to bottom and select TRANSLATE to change language
Deslice el cursor hasta la parte de abajo y selecione TRANSLATE para cambiar el idoma.
A Note from Mr. Leonard
Dear Sun Path Families,
We are starting a school year like no other. As we plan to welcome students back in a Hybrid Model there are many things that we have changed for the safety of our students and staff. Here are some of the changes to the start of the school year.
- To limit the items coming to and from school we will discontinue the use of Red Folders
- To limit items coming to school and then going home, we will discontinue birthday treats coming from the child's family.
- Breakfast will be available at 9:30 AM. The cost is similar to past years. Breakfast will be eaten in the classrooms.
- We are increasing the opportunities for students to wash their hands and are asking students to use hand sanitizer when they enter a room.
- Kindergarten will eat lunch in the classroom.
We are limiting the number of the people in the building which means:
- Parents and any other adults will not be allowed past the front office.
- We ask that you drop your child off and have them walk in on their own. There will be additional adults available to help your child find their class the first few days of school.
- We will not have in person volunteers for the start of the year. This may change as the year goes on.
- Parents and other adults will not be able to eat lunch with their child.
The school day will look different also. We are starting at 9:30 AM and the end of the day is at 3:10 PM. We have changed up our arrival procedures.
- Buses will continue to drop off on the lower level.
- New this year, car riders will be dropped off on the upper level.
- Walkers that cross 17th and come from the pathway will go to the playground doors.
- Walkers that come from the Quail Dr/French Trace area will enter on the upper level by the office.
- Adult Patrols will be out on the crossings at 9:20 AM.
- No students should be dropped off or at school before 9:20 AM.
- Doors will be unlocked at 9:20 AM.
- Students will go right to their classroom when getting to school and will not have recess before school.
Our dismissal procedures will look similar to the past with social distancing.
- Car riders will be picked up on the upper level. Car riders should be picked up by 3:20 PM.
- Bus riders on the lower level
- Walkers that cross 17th and come from the pathway will go out the playground doors.
- Walkers that come from the Quail Dr/French Trace area will leave on the upper level by the office.
Lunch and Recess.
This year lunch and recess will not be linked during the day. Grades 1-5 will eat lunch in the cafeteria with social distancing. They will eat together as a class and grade level, with 2-3 students at a table. Kindergarten will be eating lunch in their classrooms. Students will be going to recess with their grade level, but each class will be assigned an area on the playground.
Remember each student has been assigned to come on either day “A” or day “B”. For students assigned to day “A”, their first day of in-person instruction is this Thursday, Sept. 10th. For students assigned to day “B, their first day of in-person instruction is Friday, Sept 11th. When students are not at school learning in person, they should be online distance learning.
I look forward to seeing you all very soon.
Sun Path Elementary
If you need to report an absence, please call 952-496-5893 and leave your reason for details on the voicemail.
Meals Provided to IHD students on their Distance Learning Days.
Virtual Student Library Card
Yearbooks from 2019-2020 have not arrived
Amazon ordering has picked up a lot with our social distancing so please sign up for AmazonSmile to give back to Sun Path PTO in a simple way.AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Sun Path! Just go to the link below and search for Sun Path PTO. Amazon will give a portion from your purchase back to your purchase back to our school.
A message from Shakopee Public Schools Health Services
- New onset cough
- New shortness of breath
If yes to either, please stay home and call your school 952-496-5892
Does your child have two or more of the following symptoms?
- Fever (100.4* or higher)
- Muscle Pain
- Sore Throat
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
- Diarrhea, Vomiting or nausea
If yes, please stay home and call your school. 952-496-5892
Has your child been diagnosed with Covid-19 in past 10-14 days?
If yes, please stay home and call your school. 952-496-5892
Please remember to bring your mask to school, sanitize your mask daily and wash your hands for 20 seconds.
This year we are implementing PBIS in our school.
The approach of PBIS is to manage behavior by acknowledging positive behavior. Students will begin to build intrinsic motivation to behave in a positive way which will help create a positive learning environment in all areas of the school. Sun Path Elementary has developed a common language for behavior expectations in each area. You will soon see these expectations posted around the building and all students will be explicitly taught in each area of the school (cafeteria, playground, classroom, etc.)
We will work hard every day to “Be a Saber.” We will work together to learn each behavior expectation throughout the school. Expectations will be taught and practiced during the school year.
What does it mean to “Be a Saber?”
We are going to use “Saber Slips” and “Saber Stickers” to acknowledge the great things students are doing to “Be a Saber.” Students will be given a slip at school from staff members. The students will be given a sticker to take home.
Just like in academics, we expect students to make behavior mistakes as they learn!
Students will be given opportunities to fix their mistakes with practice. If it is not fixed after two reminders with practice and teacher support, the student will be given a “minor.” There will be communication with the family to make the parent aware we are working on the behavior. Our focus will be for students to learn and improve their behavior
Any “major” behavior will be handled by the office.
Teaching proper behaviors is a team effort between the school and parents. We appreciate the support and follow-through when both positive and negative behaviors are observed.
We look forward to all the wonderful things PBIS will bring to Sun Path! Please look for more information to go home throughout the year regarding PBIS.
Be kind. Work hard. Be a SABER