Week of 1/16 - 1/20
Another great week is behind us. Here are some highlights from the week:
- MAP testing - So, maybe this isn't a "highlight," but they've begun. Thank you for being flexible this week as the MAP testing app has been on the fritz. Today, it seemed to work quite a bit better. If you are still running into issues with MAPs, let me know and I can try to assist. Thank you Kelly Hetzel for the helpful tip about hitting Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Q when the MAP app won't allow you to exit the program. I used it a couple times today to troubleshoot and was able to get right back into the program and continue the student's test.
- PLC Conversations - Thank you for your continued active participation in our PLC conversations. This collaboration is so crucial for the betterment of our school, staff, and students. If you have not filled out the PLC Norms Survey yet, please do so as soon as possible. I would like to share the results with each team. My apologies to the SPED, Title, and Specials team as I did not give your team an option to select at the end of the survey. I have edited the survey so you can now select your team.
Iowa Report Card
Week of 1/16 - 1/20
Monday will be a full day of learning!!! ATTENTION: There has been a change in the schedule due to possible bad weather. Hawthorne and GW will now meet together in the Middle School media center in the morning rather than the afternoon. The breakout sessions will be in the afternoon.
We will be at the Middle School for the morning and afternoon sessions.
As I mentioned at our staff meeting, I would like all of our Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade teachers to pick either the Math or ELA sessions. All other teachers can either join the Math and ELA sessions or choose from any of the other sessions. In the afternoon, Hawthorne and GW will meet together at the Middle School library. Jeri and I are working to provide those sessions again later in the year for grade level teachers who will not have that opportunity.
Monday, January 16th Schedule:
Morning with Buildings 8:00 - 11:00
GW and Hawthorne will meet at the Middle School Library with Nancy and Dave in a joint session.
Please bring your computers
Also bring one ELA and one Math current or upcoming unit plan that your PLC is developing.
Lunch: 11:00 - 12:00
Break-out Session 1: 12:15 - 1:00
Break-out Session 2: 1:15 - 2:00
Break-out Session 3: 2:15 - 3:00
Please take time to remind your students to make sure they have:
- a healthy breakfast
- a good night's sleep
- and a positive attitude
PWN Review with SPED team
Amy Thacher Data Review
- 1/23 - Amy Thacher is meeting with 2nd grade teachers during planning time to review data (Comp time provided)
- 1/23 - PBIS Incentive - Live Animal Show (Wednesday Schedule)
- 1/24 - K - Wacker and K - Quinlan field trip to Dr. Kircher's Dental Office
- 1/25 - PLC - Personal PD Day
- 1/25-1/26 - Mike and Lisa at PRESS training in Des Moines
- 1/27 - Amy Thacher will return to review to follow up with grade level teams during planning time (Comp time provided)
- 1/27 - Birthday Lunch and Bookstore
- 1/27 - Chief Change Champ Pizza Lunch