learn and share
Rock and Roll Sushi Ingredients
Are you looking for sushi rolls that will rock your tastebuds? Well, the Rock and Roll sushi can give you just that – and more. Highlighted by tempura shrimp and chili sauce, this sushi dish will truly blow your mind. If you are interested in making this recipe at home, here are some ingredients you will need:
· Nori, 1 sheet
· Sushi Rice, ½ cup
· Large Shrimp (Tempura Battered), 3 pieces
· Deep Frying Oil (Canola or Peanut Oil)
· Avocado, ¼
· Cucumber, ¼
· Chili Sauce, 1 teaspoon
· Warm Vinegared Water, 1 bowl
How to make Rock and Roll Sushi:
1. In a pot, add oil and heat thoroughly.
2. Throw the tempura battered shrimp into the pot. Hold the shrimp for 5 seconds so that it won’t settle at the bottom. Fry shrimp until it turns golden brown in color.
3. Remove the shrimp from the cooking pot and place on paper towels or a drying rack. Gently dab with a paper towel to dry.
4. Place the nori on the sushi mat, making sure that the shiny side is facing downwards. Keep the long side near you.
5. Dip your fingers in a bowl of vinegared water so that the sushi rice will not stick with each other. Keep the bowl at bay in case your fingers get dry throughout the process of making sushi rolls.
6. Use a spoon to place half a cup of rice onto the nori sheet. Use your fingers to gently massage the grains on the sheet. Avoid smearing or mashing the rice on the seaweed wrap.
7. Cut the cucumber into thin sticks (Julienne method.)
8. Add a spoonful of mayonnaise on the roll.
9. Cut the avocado in such a way that you come up with crescent-shaped pieces. Avoid making chunks as they are very slippery.
10. Place the cucumber on the sushi in a horizontal manner.
11. Add drops of chili sauce on the rice roll. Make sure the drops are half an inch apart.
12. Top the roll with the crescent-shaped avocadoes.
13. Roll the sushi carefully, keeping in mind the Maki sushi rolling method.
14. Place the roll on the cutting board and slice it in half.
15. Place the two halves side by side with each other. Cut these halves once again.
16. Slice the remaining pieces in half once again to yield 8 sushi pieces.
Tips for Great Sushi Making
· Use a sharp knife. A dull knife can crush the roll and ruin your recipe.
· Dip the knife in water before you slice the roll evenly. This will prevent an ugly slicing of the sushi.If you have the money, invest in a bento knife. It’s very sharp and can help you slice your sushi evenly.