Brock Intermediate News
March 17, 2019
Brock Elementary Team is the State 3D Champion!!
Brock Junior High Team took 2nd Place!
- Collier Cowdrey – State 3D Champion Elementary boy
- Addi Roberts – State 3D Champion JH girl
- Brody Riker 3rd Elem boy
- Isaac Daniel 4th Elem boy
- Owen Smith 5th Elem boy
- Jayli Pope 5th Elem girl
- Cole Fuller 6th Elem boy
- Kalen Grace Lee 6th Elem girl
- Gavin Dinger 8th Elem boy
- Raelynn Cox 8th Elem girl
- Brayden Dunn 10th Elem boy
- Jaelynn James 10th Elem girl
- Korey Massie 4th JH
- Jacob Baskin 4th HS
- Stephen Beare 6th HS
The State Bullseye tournament is March 29th!!!
What an outstanding job!! Go Eagles!
Sunday, March 17th
- Cheer Tryouts 1:30
Monday, March 18th
- Progress Reports Home
Wednesday, March 20th
- 6th grade immunizations (required for 7th grade if they do not have them yet)
Thursday, March 21st
- World Down Syndrome Day #lotsofsocks - wear mix-matched socks
- Community Listening Session with Mr. Smith 6:00 p.m. at BHS
Monday, March 25th
- Rob Holladay Assembly for Parents 6:00 BHS
Tuesday, March 26th
- Rob Holladay Assembly @ BIS - Character Education
Wednesday, March 27th
- 5th Grade Science Benchmark
Friday, March 29th
- State Bullseye Archery
Monday, April 1st
- 3rd grade Reading Benchmark
- 4th grade Math Benchmark
Tuesday, April 2nd
- 4th-grade reading Benchmark
- World Autism Day
Wednesday, April 3rd
- Archery Pictures
Friday, April 5th
- End 5th Six Weeks
Internet Challenges & Safety
We have experienced concerns regarding the current internet media focus, Momo Challenge. Our goal is to support an environment that allows continued student safety and security for the kids. Staff members will continue to monitor online usage and security measures are in place to support student technology use. As always, educating the students on how to navigate all of the various online resources can be a challenge but we are dedicated to being proactive and partnering with parents/guardians to ensure we are addressing concerns as they are brought to us.
Here are some resources to educate yourselves as well as open the door for communication with your kids. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at any time.
WFAA Momo Challenge Facts: (contains graphic images if you watch the video)
Family Online Safety Institute:
Eagle Eyes are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer throughout the school year at Brock Elementary.The “Eagle Eyes” will work right along-side the staff as they read and work with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with all students.
If you are interested in being an Eagle Eye, please here for more information as well as forms to fill out and turn in.
BIS Lunch Times
3rd grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
4th grade: 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 11:55 p.m. - 12:25.m.