The First 25 Days of School
Establishing Relationships & Routines for ELAR
July 17, 2018 / DFW Airport
Start the Year Off Strong!
Who Should Attend?
Benefits of Attending
2. Gain ideas for building strong, lasting relationships with your students from day 1 with activities that instill a growth-mindset.
3. Examine schedules and setups for building fluency, comprehension, and word knowledge in the first weeks of school.
4. Walk away with resources for establishing goal setting and progress monitoring for students in the first 25 days!
5. Learn how to effectively plan and teach critical thinking skills for ELAR.
6. Discuss ideas for planning and teaching spelling in authentic and beneficial ways.
7. Focus on literacy routines and creating student autonomy in the classroom.
8. Discuss best practices for assessment and data review for BOY.
9. Get your questions answered about BOY setup and lesson planning!
10. Empower your students in the first 25 days with critical genre knowledge.
And Much More!!!
July 17, 2018 / 8:30am - 3:30pm (Irving, TX)
$225 per participant
Contact us for early bird and group discounts!
Early Bird Discount in offered through May 25th, 2018.
Coffee and donuts will be provided in the morning.
6 Hours of Professional Development Credit Will Be Awarded
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION FORM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. EVEN IF IT IS AHEAD OF YOUR PAYMENT. This will let us know to reserve you a seat for the training in the event we have a sold out event.
You can register by Faxing, Calling, or Emailing your registration form in.
To pay by credit card, call our office at (817) 583-1290. We will send you a link to pay your registration fee online through our billing system. Credit Card payments must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link to the the training.
To pay by purchase order, submit your district PO by email or fax. Please make PO's payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates. Purchase Orders must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link to the training. Please contact us if you require a W9 form.
To pay by check, please make checks payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates and mail to 26440 White Eagle Drive San Antonio, TX 78260. Checks must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link to the training.
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information Please contact us!
Meet The Presenters!
Kelly Harmon is a national presenter & author who has more than 27 years of experience working with at-risk students. She presents on a wide range of topics including strategies for at-risk learners, guided reading and math Instruction, RTI, technology integration, reading, writing, and instructional strategies highly effective teachers use to increase student achievement. Ms. Harmon works as an instructional coach for schools and districts across the United States. In addition to consulting, she also works with the Bureau of Education and Research, as well as Learning Sciences International, Marzano Center.
Randi Anderson is an elementary educator, blogger, and staff developer with 10 years of experience. She taught third and fourth grade in Title one schools in the Fort Worth area. Before entering the classroom, Mrs. Anderson studied early childhood education and English as a Second Language at The University of Texas at Austin. She has a strong passion for making reading and writing authentic and engaging for all students.
"Great ideas and resources that I can use right away in my classroom."
Jeremiah, 5th grade Teacher.
"What a phenomenal, action-packed presentation! I have so much to take home with me." Michelle, Reading Specialist
"I have so many wonderful ideas to take back to my co-workers and students. I am excited and refreshed!"
Kristy, Title Teacher
The First 25 days of School (DFW)
Tuesday, July 17th, 8:30am
4850 West John Carpenter Freeway
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Bring This Training to Your Campus!
Kelly Harmon's Book!
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them