RMS Weekly Event Calendar
March 13 - March 17
What's going on this week!
I hope you enjoyed the four articles on the topic of "high expectations". As educators, we hear the words over and over and how we should set greater expectations for our students if we expect them to reach to new heights. However, as you saw in the articles, we rarely talk about the belief we have in ourselves and how our beliefs impact the learning of our students.
When I saw the above quote, it really summed up what all four articles were saying. We must first believe that we have what it takes. We must know, in our own minds and hearts, that we have what it takes to help student learn and be successful. We realize as educators that we are faced with many challenges, but our belief in ourselves and our abilities is the difference in conquering those challenges or allowing those challenges to conquer us.
I encourage you this week to really think about what you believe about youself and your ability to reach ALL of our students...even those that you might believe to be challenging. Do you believe you can reach them? Do you believe you have the necessary skills needed to teach them? Do you believe what you do for those students can help them be successful? Do you believe you have the attitude of success?
Here's to a successful week at RMS with a attitude of BELIEF!
Monday, March 13
- On-Site Wellness Screening - Central Office - 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- RMS Tennis vs. Deshler (girls only) - Home - 3:30 p.m.
- RMS Softball vs. Haleyville Middle School - Home - 4:30 p.m. (Double Header)
- RMS Baseball vs. Lawrence Co. - Home - 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 14
- No known activities
Wednesday, March 15
- Student Support Meetings - Ms. Bates Classroom - English, science, math, and social studies teachers please plan to attend during your instructional period.
- RtI Meeting - Media Center - 3:15 p.m.
Thursday, March 16
- Report Cards - Report cards will be given out during 7th period mentoring time.
- RMS Tennis vs. Hartselle - Home - 4:00 p.m.
- RMS Baseball vs. Florence Middle School - Away - 6:30 p.m.
Friday, March 17
- Spring Pictures - Spring pictures will be taken during lunch times.
- RHS Prom