Ravine Drive Elementary School
A Note from the Principal:
December is a month when we share many traditions with family and friends. Although 2020 has changed how we may visit our traditions this year, one aspect that I am still going to instill is the tradition of giving and sharing. As I reflect on the past nine months, I am overwhelmed by the myriad examples of people who have been giving and sharing throughout our community. My hope is that we can continue to cherish the power behind these moments and find ways to "wrap-up" that spirit as a gift to one another.
As we look to the calendar, please note that Wednesday, December 23rd is an Early Dismissal day for all students, and that Winter Recess begins on Thursday, December 24th. Students will start school again on Monday, January 4th. All students will be Fully Remote at that time. Beginning the week of Monday, January 11th, students in Cohorts A, B, C and D will return to school for in-person instruction based upon their cohort's calendar. Please reference Dr. Majka's Letter to the Community from December 8th for more details regarding the district's instructional school plan.
As always, if you have any questions, please contact our main office at 732-705-5800.
Wishing you all a safe and healthy holiday season,
Please Join Me in Congratulating Ravine Drive Elementary School's Educators of the Year!
Congratulations Mrs. Barry!!!!!!
Congratulations Nurse Lorenzo!!!!!!
Important Dates to Remember!
- 12/14: BOE Meeting - 6:30 PM - Fully Virtual
- 12/17: PTO Meeting - 6:30 PM - Fully Virtual
- 12/23: Early Dismissal/4 Hour Session - All students
- 12/24 - 01/03: Winter Recess - School Closed - All students
- 01/04: Students Return - Fully Virtual for ALL COHORTS
- 01/11: Students return for in-person instruction based upon cohort
- 01/15: Early Dismissal/4 Hour Session - All students
- 01/18: School Closed - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- 01/25: RD McTeacher's Night-Relay for Life (drive-thru/pick-up only) - 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- 01/27: End of MP 2
- 01/20: Early Dismissal/4 Hour Session - All students
- 01/28: Early Dismissal/4 Hour Session - PreK-8
For your reference:
MARSD - Meals Through Winter Break
Free and Reduced Lunch Meal Applications
Nurse Lorenzo's Tips for Good Health
If you have any questions, you can reach her by phone at 732-705-5830 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for Staying Healthy Over the Holidays:
- Make the Healthier Choice: Take small steps like drinking more water and less sugary drinks. Add a new vegetable or fruit option this month.
- Involve the Kids: Have children help with food preparation, keep them engaged and involved when making lunch or dinner.
- Routine: After all the holiday excitement and staying up late some nights, it is so important to get children back to a regular routine and bedtime schedule as soon as possible.
- Stay Active: Make a schedule of when the family can do something active together everyday. Aim for 30 minutes a day to get energized and help lift everyone’s mood. Bundle up and take a walk in the neighborhood.
- Well Visits: Check in with your pediatrician and make sure your child is not due for their well visit or any vaccines.