New Counselor Orientation 2017
Prince William County Schools
The New Counselor Experience in PWCS
- Mentoring - each counselor will be assigned a first year mentor. If you don't have a mentor by the first week of school call/e-mail Bekah!
- Group Support - each counselor will be invited to attend a new counselor support group and will be visited by our lead mentor counselor
- Leadership Support - leaders are here for all our new counselors! Do not hesitate to seek out assistance from your Director of School Counselor, Building Principal, or Bekah Schlatter, Supervisor of Secondary Counseling
ASCA National Model
Click here to view the presentation
Counselor Staff Notebooks
The counselor staff notebook has been shared with you. This notebook provides all secondary school counselors with a resource library and collaboration space. You may open the notebook by navigating to the OneNote program on your computer. Click "file" then click "open" and choose to open the "SCHOOL COUNSELOR RESOURCE LIBRARY" notebook.
Graduation Requirements Training
High School Counselors MUST complete the graduation requirements training in the link below prior to the start of school. The passcode to access the training is pwcscounselor. Middle School Counselors may complete the training however, it is not mandatory.
Academic and Career Plan
- Mandatory for all students starting with the 7th grade class of 2013-2014
- Created in 7th Grade
- Updated in 9th and 11th Grade
- Online format for input and parent signature
- Letter must go home with all students when the plan is updated
- Link the online plan below
- To view a sample student in the online plan type in student number 123456
PWCS Course Catalog and Academic Advising
High School Course Catalog which includes post-secondary planning information