Titan Talk Newsletter
March 22, 2019
- 3/22- Titan Advantage from 9 am to 12 noon
- 3/25 to 3/29 - Autism Awareness Week
- 3/25 to 3/27 - Orchestra Guest Artist
- 3/25, 3/26, 3/27 - Shinning Star Breakfasts
- 3/26 - Stakeholder Input Meeting in the Media Center @ 8:30 am & 6 pm
- 3/26 - Info Meeting for GA Studies Curriculum Trip & 9th-grade-course offerings @ EPMS in the Media Center @ 9:05 am and 5:30 pm
- 3/26 - Hampton Flim Academy from 4:15 pm - 5:30 pm in Media Center
- 3/26 - Coding Club, after school in Mrs. Temske's room
- 3/26 - Jr. Beta Meeting @ 8 am in the Media Center
- 3/26 - Drama Club @ 4:15 - 5:15 pm ( Bickel)
- 3/27 - Rising 9th grade trip to RHS
- 3/27 - Hampton Flim Academy from 4:15 pm - 5:30 pm in Media Center
- 3/27 - KG Super Stars Basketball Practice @ 6:30 (gym)
- 3/29 - Spring PE Tailgate Party - All Day! Send $$$ to purchase snacks!
- 3/29 - KG Super Stars Basketball Practice @ 6:30 (gym)
- 3/29 - Lost & Found Donated
- 4/1 to 4/5 - SPRING BREAK - SCHOOL CLOSED
- TITAN ADVANTAGE: MARCH 23
- STAKEHOLDER INPUT MEETING: MARCH 26 @ 8:30 AM & 6:00 PM
- INFO MEETING FOR PARENTS: MARCH 26 @ 9:05 AM & 5:30 PM
- SPRING BREAK: APRIL 1 - APRIL 5
Students being checked out from the front office require:
- SEND IN SIGNED NOTE with your child to be presented in the front office in the morning by the student.
- STUDENT COME TO THE FRONT OFFICE AT DESIGNATED TIME. Students should come to the front office at the time stated in the note, on their own accord, and WITHOUT being called from the classroom, preferably between class periods.
- NO CHECKOUT AFTER 3:30 PM: Checks outs should take place BEFORE 3:30 pm. No checkout will be permitted after 3:30 pm.
FOLLOWING CHECKOUT PROCEDURE IS IMPORTANT:
- SAFEGUARDING INSTRUCTION: To prevent interruption to INSTRUCTION TIME, please follow the proper procedure for early checkout. Call-ins to the classroom place a hardship on our front office staff and an encumbrance on the teacher.
- TESTING: During testing, it will not be possible to make calls to the classroom or check students out while testing is in progress.
- BETWEEN CLASSES: If you are checking your child out at the end of the day, please schedule your child's pick up before 8th-period begins. Please reference Bell Schedule here.
- SICKNESS: If your child is unwell or sick, please instruct him or her to go to the Clinic. Your child will be dismissed from the Clinic. Please do not have your child stay in class only to be called out of class.
Message From the Principal
Happy Friday Titans!
Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to prepare for International Night. I appreciate our faculty, staff, administrators, families, and students who helped us make last night a magnificent event! It was beautiful to see all our families, former Titans, and friends who joined us for a grand evening of great food, gleeful fun, and good-time entertainment.
Congratulations to our new Elkins Pointe School Governance Council (SGC) Representatives: Parent Elect Marnie Allen, and Teacher Elect Monique Erskine-Wilson. To our newest members, all the candidates who ran, and to our current members, and those rolling of the SGC, I would like to thank you for your commitment to our Titans.
We have just one more week of school, and then we are heading off to Spring Break. Parents, please help us keep students focused on instruction by enforcing good habits. Please make sure students are putting all of their efforts into their school work. In one week, everyone can kick back and have a relaxing break!
Kindra L. Smith, Ed.S
Elkins Pointe Middle School
Home of the Titans!
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
SMART, HAPPY, CONNECTED
Fifteen students and two teachers from Sakura High School in Toyama, Japan visited our Japanese classes. Students enjoyed talking in Japanese and English, played games, went on an egg hunt, and performed their local Japanese dance and tea ceremony. After school, they went sightseeing and spent time with their evening host families. They had a great time with our Titans!
THINGS TO KNOW
Make a Note of the Updated Milestones Testing Schedule!
MARCH MADNESS FOOD DRIVE ends on 3/26
The Interact Club is conducting a MARCH MADNESS FOOD DRIVE. Please send all food donations to Room E114. March Madness starts Friday, March 8th, and ends on Tuesday, March 26th.
Instant Oatmeal, Granola Bars, Goldfish, Chips, Mini Cereals, Welch’s fruit snacks, Capri Sun Juice Boxes, Crackers, Bottled Water, Chex Mix, Juice Boxes, Go-Go Squeeze Applesauce, Pretzels
MAPPING SCHOOL-WIDE SUCCESS @ EPMS
Road Map for Navigating Middle School - 3/26
"Road Map to Navigating Middle School" on March 26th at 9:05 AM & 5:30 PM in the Media Center
All parents are invited to the Info Meeting on 8th-grade GA Studies Trip to Savannah & 9th-grade-course offerings at Elkins Pointe. Parents who would like to know more about accelerated courses (i.e., 9th-grade courses) are invited to attend a meeting on Tuesday, March 26th. This meeting offered at two times in the Media Center, at 9:05 am, and at 5:30 pm. Curriculum Assistant Principal Ida Ward and 8th grade Math teacher, Norma Toner, will give a 30-minute presentation to explain the levels of rigor and high school courses offered in the middle school. This meeting will provide a quick overview for parents of students recommended for 9th grade ELA, Math, or 10th-grade Physical Science, provide info on the 8th grade Savannah trip (based on the 8th-grade Social Studies Curriculum), and other high school offerings in middle school. All parents are invited to attend.
To review the Rising 8th-grade verification form, click here. Note: Parents are invited to attend the Spring Stakeholder Meeting, immediately before or afterward, give their input on the Elkins Pointe School-wide Plan for 2019-2020.
Be a Stakeholder in Mapping Out the 2019-2020 School-Wide Plan - 3/26
Elkins Pointe Stakeholder Input Meeting on March 26th at 8:30 am and 6:00 pm
All parents, families, teachers/staff, students, and Community Members Invited on Tuesday, March 26th at 8:30 am and 6:00 pm to the Media Center. Parents and families play an integral role in the education of their child. We welcome your input at either meeting. For your convenience, we’ve provided two opportunities. The purpose of this meeting is to:
- Review and give input on the school’s 2018-2019 Title I Plan for 2019-2020
- Review and revise the 2018-2019 School-Family Compact for 2019-2020
- Review and revise the 2018-2019 Parent and Family Engagement Plan for 2019-2020
- Provide input on 1% set-aside for family engagement activities
- Provide input on Building Staff Capacity Training (staff training in family engagement)
- Review and provide input of the school’s overall family engagement program for the 2019-2020 school year
Revision documents and feedback forms will be available at the meeting, in the front office, Parent Resource Center, and on our school’s website on the Title I tab. Interpreter services will be available; please contact Bilingual Community Liaison, Koritza Rodriguez, no later than March 22, 2019.
If you are unable to attend either of the meetings, you can still give us your feedback. Input for revisions taken through May 1st, yet your feedback is welcome throughout the year.
Clicks on the link to give your input:
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa O'Hanlon Cowles, Title I Parent Liaison, at email@example.com.
Competition Dance Team @ RHS Tryouts - 3/27 @ 6 pm
Attention 8th graders: The Competition Dance Team at Roswell High School has tryouts in a few weeks. If you are interested in being a member of the team, there is an informational meeting on Wednesday, March 27 at 6 pm in G-112 at RHS. Parents and dancers are encouraged to attend. Tryouts begin after spring break, on April 10. If you have questions, please contact Amanda Porter,firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Amanda Porter, Roswell High School Math Department, Business Manager, Interact Sponsor
Dance Team Sponsor