Laura B. Sprague School Newsletter - February 5, 2021
Favorite Places to Read
Share Your Collection of 100 Items
Students, Track Your Steps
Students are encouraged to track the number of steps they take each day for 30 days in this fun Sprague challenge.
- Starting on Monday, Feb. 8, help your child track their steps daily following these simple directions.
- Record the daily steps on the 30 Day Step Tracker sheet.
- After 30 days, celebrate your child's accomplishment.
- Take a picture of your child walking, running, jumping rope, climbing a snow hill, tracking steps to email@example.com or text it to 847-791-3749.
Walking to School?
Early Childhood Parent Coffee
Picture Day Next Week
Sprague School picture day has been scheduled for next week. Pictures are being taken by Stuart Rodgers, which has provided excellent service to our school for many years. Their company has been serving many other area schools and understand safety concerns and procedures during this pandemic. Student photos will be taken individually and all the safety procedures will be followed. ALL families need to fill out the Picture Order Form in advance of picture day and bring it with you to the photo shoot.
The picture day schedule follows:
Dental Exams Due for K & Grade 2
All Illinois children in kindergarten, grade 2, and grade 6 are required to have an oral health examination.
- This is required for all public, private, and parochial schools.
- Dental Examinations must be performed by a licensed dentist and he/she must sign the Proof of School Dental Examination Form.
- Each child is required to present proof of examination by a dentist prior to May 15 of the current school year, with the dental exam date having been within the 18 months prior to the May 15, 2021 deadline.
- All kindergartners and second-graders both remote and in-person are required to have a dental exam form on file.
- Forms may be dropped off at the school, faxed to 847-945-6718, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Cassie Horvath, R.N. at 2425 Riverwoods Road, Lincolnshire, IL 60069.
Kindergarten Registration 2021 Now Open
Parents are invited to register their incoming Sprague kindergartners for the Fall 2021 school year if they are 5-years-old on or before Sept. 1, 2021. (Please do not register your Sprague early childhood student until the spring.)
The district offers half day and full day kindergarten. There is no lottery for full day kindergarten. Full day kindergarten is $3,500 payable in two installments and half day kindergarten is $87 a year. All registration this year will take place through our online portal, Infosnap. Although we do not know the conditions regarding COVID for the Fall, the district will offer a half day and full day kindergarten at this time. This may change depending on the state of the pandemic later this year.
Please visit our website for details on registration.
Valentine's Day Fundraiser
Free Meals Delivered to Your Home
Citizenship Preparation Class Series
Vernon Area Public Library is working with HIAS Immigration & Citizenship to provide a Citizenship Preparation class series that begins Monday, February 8. HIAS is a Jewish-American nonprofit that works to aid refugees.
Classes will meet online 1-2:30 PM on most Mondays from February 8–May 3. The 11-week series is meant to prepare residents for the citizenship test in a small, online group. Content includes American history, civics, speaking, and reading and writing in English.
The classes are free and open to all. A Vernon Area Public Library card is not required. Spaces are limited and signup is required. Sign up at https://calendar.vapld.info/eventsignup.asp?ID=25522 or by telephone at 224-543-1485.
A recording of an overview session on the topic is available on YouTube through February 25.