September 22, 2022
free flu shots - optional
Thank You for sponsoring our police officer
Fall Fest is back! This traditional event is back after a two year hiatus due to COVID. We are looking forward to a fun day with/for our community. Save the date for November 4th and make plans to join us. If you are interested in assisting with the planning, please join us for a committee meeting tomorrow, Friday, September 23rd at 8am in the Parish Center.
A few reminders:
- School will dismiss at 2pm on Friday, November 4th and aftercare will not be offered.
- All families must give a minimum of 2 service hours toward Fall Fest. You can donate items, help with planning/set up/clean up, volunteer a shift at a booth. Watch for more information coming soon.
Box of Joy
We know many families look for an opportunity to show God's love at Christmas by giving to others. We are looking for families who would like to pack an additional Box of Joy as a gift from their family. In addition to packing a box, the cost is $9 for shipping, etc. Ideas to pack in the box include: doll, car/truck/boat, small plush animals, sunglasses, handheld toy, hair accessories, socks, drawstring bag, etc.
We have a limited number of boxes available for families who would like to participate. If you are interested, please email Mrs. Haas at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive more specific instructions and a box to pack. Again, the cost per box is $9.
Please watch for much more information to be forthcoming on how you can participate in your class' Box of Joy.
looking for all members of law enforcement
Parent Conferences - Save the Date
It's Time to order Poinsettias!
first communion meeting
Church choir practice
Middle School Edge
We invite all middle schoolers to come out on September 28 to a night called Museum! The teens will play a game where they have to pretend to be statues, and will also be challenged to build a tower out of random items. Museum will explore the design argument for God’s existence.
For those kids who want to get to room 3 early, I’ll open the doors at 5:30 PM. They can play pool, foosball, and air hockey until 6:00 PM when our program starts!
sjcs concert choir
Students in 3-8th grade have the opportunity of joining Concert Choir. The SJCS Concert Choir performs at various community events during the school year including Carols in the Park, the Christmas program and singing the national anthem at the Rays, Bucs and Tropics games. During rehearsals, students will be developing many vocal concepts such as correct posture, resonance and technique. We will be singing a range of repertoire and work on two and three part harmony. All students interested will need to audition (even if they were in Concert Choir previously).
Auditions: Monday, Sept. 26 at 3:00pm
Rehearsals: Mondays at 3:00-3:40pm beginning on Monday, October 3rd
4th and 5th grade
Auditions: Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 3:00pm
Rehearsals: Wednesdays at 3:00-3:40pm beginning on Wednesday, October 5th
Auditions: Thursday, September 15 beginning at 7:15am
Rehearsals: Thursdays from 7:15-7:45am beginning on Thursday, September 22th
Students do not need to have anything prepared in advance for the audition. Elementary auditions will be in groups and Middle School auditions will be individual to determine parts/range. All students need to audition even if they were previously in Concert Choir. Please e-mail Mrs. James at email@example.com if you have any questions. Thank you!
gospel reading this sunday
Jesus said to the Pharisees: "There was a rich man who dressed in purple garments and fine linen and dined sumptuously each day. And lying at his door was a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, who would gladly have eaten his fill of the scraps that fell from the rich man's table. Dogs even used to come and lick his sores. when the poor man died, he was carried away by angels to the bosom of Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried, and from the netherworld, where he was in torment, he raised his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. And he cried out, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me. Send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am suffering torment in these flames.'
Abraham replied, 'My child, remember that you received what was good during your lifetime while Lazarus likewise received what was bad; but now he is comforted here, whereas you are tormented. Moreover, between us and you a great chasm is established to prevent anyone from crossing who might wish to go from our side to yours or from your side to ours.'
He said, 'Then I beg you, father, send him to my father's house, for I have five brothers, so that he may warn them, lest they too come to this place of torment.'
But Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the prophets. Let them listen to them.'
He said, 'Oh no, father Abraham, but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'
Then Abraham said, 'If they will not listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone should rise from the dead.'"
This section of the Eagle's Eye will remain in every edition of our newsletter. It will contain links to information that parents may need from time to time. When parents have questions, we urge you to check this section for possible links that could get you the information that you need.
- School Calendar: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/calendar-for-parents.pdf
- Parent-Student Handbook: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/St.-Joseph-Parent-Student-Handbook-2022-202-Repaired.pdf
- Menus: https://stjosephwhschool.nutrislice.com/
- Registering for a Lunch Account: https://www.payschoolscentral.com/
- PikMyKid User Guide: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/1-_Parent-App-User-Guide_English_2021.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/SEC-with-Code.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification: https://www.orlandodiocese.org/safe-environment/english/
- Uniform Company: https://store.sirwalteruniforms.com/schools/st-josephs-winter-haven.html
- FACTS Family Portal Login: https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/ParentsWeb-Login.aspx
- FACTS Family Portal Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/FACTS_Family_Portal_Parent_Access_Instructions.pdf
- Logging Service Hours: Parents and students can now enter and view their own service hours. You can use your app to view the hours, however, you have to use the web version to enter new hours. go https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/parentsweb-login.aspx The district code is STJC-FL. Once logged in, click on the Family option in the menu on the left side. At the top of the screen, select the family member who will be adding the service hours. Click on the Add option on the right side of the screen in the Service Hours box. Fill out the information and click Save.
St. Joseph Prayer
St. Joseph Catholic School
Principal: Mrs. Haas
Assistant Principal: Mr. Reilly
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Insua
Canonical Administrator: Fr. Tim LaBo
Superintendent: Mr. Fortier