Welcome Back to School
Happy New Year!
It's a new year, and a new newsletter format. We hope this method will get information to parents quickly and consistently.
Fifth grade is in charge of the cafeteria bulletin board this month. Talk with your child about a New Year's Resolution they would like to set. We will be adding them to the board and tracking our progress!
Test Format Update
What We're Learning
- Tackling Complex Texts: Exploring Historical Fiction to broaden our understanding of setting and characters.
- Increasing stamina: Reading longer and stronger
- Geometry: Understanding Hierarchies of Polygons
- Fractions: Extending conceptional understandings and performing operations
- Exploring States of Matter
- Understanding fragile interdependence of plants and animals in Ecosystems
- Extensive grammar review
- Exploring Poetry through the Shabazz residency
Please Send Supplies
- Cap Erasers
- Clorox Wipes
- Expo Markers
- Mini Post-Its
Some students have filled their notebooks. Check with your student to see if they need a new math (blue) or science (green) notebook.
We will also need parent volunteers to cut the bottles. If you are interested, please email your classroom teacher.
January 16: East Chapel Hill High Band Performance
January 17: Delayed Opening
January 18: End of 2nd Quarter
January 21-22: No SchoolJanuary 24: Safety Patrol Pizza Party from 1:00-2:00
January 28: PTA Cultural Arts Assembly 1:30-2:30 in the Gym
January 28-February 1: Bring Your Parents to PE week