Over the Hump
by: Father Charlie
February 27, 2019
When I was very young, I received a book from my Godfather. It was the biography of Will Rogers who was the famous philosopher cowboy from the great state of Oklahoma, where my Godfather was a professor at one of the colleges.
There is a quote from the book that should have made it into the book of Proverbs in the Good Book. Rogers said, "Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your pet parrot the the town gossip."
Talk is cheap and so easily misused as we say to much, embellish a story, let ourselves fall into the trap of talking about others. Remember the game "gossip." What is whispered into the first ear comes out very different in the last one.
Another place in the Good Book talks about how we talk. We can find it in the book of James, I don't necessarily like the book for it hits too close to home. So be careful what you say in front of your parrot.
Bless somebody today!
Please Join Us:
- Adult Sunday School 9am - 9:45am
- Mass Every Sunday—10:00 a.m.
- Children’s Sunday School—Every Sunday at 9:45am
- Luncheon—1st Sunday each month after services
- Daughters of the King—3rd Sunday of each month—11:30am
- Vestry Meeting—2nd Sunday each month after services
- Office Hours—Monday through Friday — 9a.m. to 1p.m.
Priest in Charge
Fr. Charlie Keen (214) 725-5328
Kim Devrow—(972) 875-2423 Office
(214) 773-6544 Mobile