A+ Arts Academy Maybury Campus
Stay in the KNOW!
Weekly News & Announcements April 12th, 2021
Hello Maybury Parents & Scholars and welcome to week 15 of 2021!
For those scholars attending 100% virtually, please be sure to pay close attention to the state testing schedule as scholars need to be prepared to be onsite to complete their Ohio assessments. Testing for 100% virtual scholars begins as of today. If you haven't scheduled your scholar's dates yet, please reach out to their teacher and get this done ASAP! Please ensure your scholar brings their school issued device with them when coming onsite to test!
- Our school day runs from 8:00-2:00 pm. Onsite scholars should be picked up at 2:00 pm, but no later than 2:15 pm as our teachers need to transition to teaching their virtual scholars. 100% virtual scholars will receive live instruction from 2:30-4:00 pm. Your scholars teacher will communicate directly with scholars and parents via email, class dojo, and kickboard with login platforms and information. 100% virtual scholars all have required work to complete throughout the school day so it is imperative that they/you are consistently checking their emails and submitting the required work.
- For hybrid scholars, dismissal is promptly at 2:00 pm. All scholars MUST be picked up by 2:30 pm at the absolute latest as there will be no adult supervision provided beyond 2:30 pm. We will issue a verbal warning the first time a scholar remains onsite beyond 2:30 pm, a written letter warning the second time and the third time we will issue a letter and contact the Columbus City Police Department/Child Services out of concern for the scholar's welfare. If you know that you are running late or have arranged for an alternate method of pickup, please ensure you have contacted the front office no later than 1:30 pm to communicate this information.
- PLEASE remember to have your scholar bring their device each time they come onsite. Have them charge their devices the night before so they are ready to rock and roll when the school day begins!
- Please be sure that your scholar is logging on daily at his/her scheduled time. Attendance is taken every day. We are mandated by the state to withdraw any scholar who misses 72 consecutive hours of school.
- The new schedule is linked below for you to review. Please note that Wednesday's 100% virtual scholars receive a rotation of specials from 8:00-11:00 am and then receive live instruction via whole group/small group from 11:30-3:30. Specific login times for 11:30-3:30 will be communicated with parents and scholars from the teacher.
Enrollment: Please see the flyer below regarding our sibling referral program! Now is the time to get your Kindergarten scholar enrolled for the upcoming school year!
Water Bottle Donations - we are in need of any donations from families or businesses
Official State Testing Information
Please note the following dates:
ELA: 3rd-6th Grade: 100% Virtual Scholars needing to come onsite
Part 1: April 12th/April 15th (Monday/Thursday) 9:00-10:30
Part 2: April 13th/April 16th (Tuesday/Friday) 9:00-10:30
ELA: 3rd-6th Grade: Hybrid Scholars (make-ups for 100% virtual scholars also offered during this time)
Part 1: April 19/April April 22nd (Monday/Thursday) 9:00-10:30
Part 2: April 20/April 23rd (Tuesday/Friday) 9:00-10:30
Math: 3rd-6th: 100% Virtual Scholars needing to come onsite
May 3rd/4th (Monday/Tuesday) 9:00 or 12:00
May 6th/7th (Thursday/Friday) 9:00 or 12:00
Math: 3rd-6th: Hybrid Scholars (make-ups for 100% virtual scholars also offered during this time)
May 10th/11th (Monday/Tuesday) 9:00
May 13th/14th (Thursday/Friday) 9:00
HOTSPOT USAGE REMINDERS
As a reminder, hotspots usage are STRICTLY for school work only. There is a 22gb data cap for 4G. Once that cap is reached the device will revert to 3G which produces slower speeds.
This means your child will experience difficulty connecting to the internet until the new cycle renews on the 16th of each month.
In the event hotspots are identified as being misused, they may risk being deactivated. Please reach out with any further questions.
DO'S AND DON'T'S FOR REMOTE LEARNING
Technology Tips and Help Desk
Device Care & Tips
Many of our scholars have received devices for virtual learning.
Below are a few tips to prevent the devices from low performance, damage, or accidental lost.
Ø Ensure the case remains on the IPad or Chromebook.
Ø Ensure food and drink are not around the device.
Ø Ensure scholars are stationary when using the device.
Ø Monitor data usage on the hotspot.
Ø When lessons have concluded for the day, ensure the scholar places the device in the same location for the next day.
Ø Ensure that your scholar's device is plugged in at the end of the day in order to be fully charged for the next school day.
If you have any questions regarding your scholar’s device, please contact: Harold Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-725-1305 ext.1001.
Help Desk: PLA has a help desk to help meet your technology needs. Please see the link below.
A+ Arts Academy: Where the PLUS means so much MORE!
A+ Arts Academy provides a personalized elementary and junior high school education for scholars in kindergarten through eighth grade. The PLUS stands for our school environment. Your child will be safe, protected, cared for and nurtured in an atmosphere that rewards learning, self-respect and dignity.
The mission of our schools is to be known for producing responsible and accountable scholars who demonstrate a strong sense of self-worth, leadership and moral values, ultimately becoming exceptional citizens. We serve scholars and families at three beautiful campuses in the Columbus, Ohio area:
Fair Campus K-6 | 1395 Fair Ave., Columbus OH 43205 | 614.725.1305
Maybury Campus K-6 | 2633 Maybury Rd., Columbus OH 43232 | 614.626.2250
Napoleon Campus 7 & 8 | 270 S. Napoleon Ave., Columbus, OH 43213 | 614.338.0767
2nd Grade Teacher
Special Education Intervention Teacher
1st Grade Teacher
4th Grade Teacher
3rd Grade Teacher
2nd Grade Teacher
Reading Intervention Teacher
Special Education Intervention Teacher