By: Christen Currey
What does our Work Include?
- Collaborate with Environmental engineers
- Informs Companies of Radiation Levels and Environmental Effects
- Assisting in Budget, Forecast, and Administrative.
The Salary of a Radiation-Protection Engineer
Salary can range from $80,000 a year to $120,000 a year.
What are the Working Conditions?
- Inside a Plant and Outside
- Very little exposure to more radiation than the average American
- Need to take safety courses
- Defferent clothing for certain jobs
What are the Major Job Responsiblities
- A Radiation-Protection engineer cannot be exposed to much more radiation that the average person
- You collaborate with other people all around the world
- Safety is key, you have to not only brainstorm ways to stop intense radiation in some parts of the world, but also having to brainstorm ways to keep the current residents life-style unharmed
Is There A Demand For This Job In The Future?
Yes, yes, yes! Radiation has been a growing problem all around the world. From the effects of earthquakes to tsunamis to the sun´s u.v.a.´s. Also, space debris can be another harmful effect that can occur in the future. I believe that there will be a large demand for this career.
What Kind of Education is Needed for This Job?
- Must maintain a 3.0 in mathematics or higher
- Must take nuclear science courses
- Must attend at least 4 years of college majoring in Science and Math