Welcome to the 2023-24 School Year!
Caleb Greenwood Elementary
Welcome back, Cougars!
I am so excited to begin a new year with our Cougars. I cannot wait to see our students, staff, and families back on campus for what is sure to be a phenomenal year. We have been hard at work behind the scenes to prepare our campus to receive students old and new on Thursday, August 31st. Please read the important updates and information listed below.
BooHoo/Yahoo Party- join us outside the MPR for treats and coffee!
Thursday, Aug. 31st, 8am
5457 Carlson Drive
Each Spring our staff takes great measures to build balanced classes that allow teachers to maximize student learning and meet individual needs. This is a careful and thoughtful process that has already been completed, so please understand that I am unable to consider individual requests for class changes. It is important to us that every child has a positive, challenging and meaningful experience at Caleb Greenwood.
- Class lists will be posted on our website and outside the main entrance of school on Tuesday, August 29th @9:00 a.m.
- There is always a possibility that class assignments/staffing may change due to shifts in enrollment. We ask that you remain flexible and understanding during the leveling process.
- It is highly likely that Caleb Greenwood, similar to most sites in the district (as well as surrounding districts) will have split class assignments for the '23-'24 school year.
- As a gentle reminder: this determination is made on a district level and is a complex process when looking at school enrollments and staffing across the district. As enrollment continually shifts throughout the months of August and September, district officials must make pivots to ensure that each and every school is staffed appropriately and classrooms are balanced.
- The following school supplies are requested items that each family should supply on the first day of school. We ask parents to provide these supplies due to our limited budget, but we understand that some of these items may be difficult for families to purchase. It is not a requirement that you purchase them. We will use site funding to ensure that every child has what they need to learn each day, and we appreciate any and all contributions you make to our school.
- All supplies are shared and should not be labeled with your student’s name unless otherwise noted. Shared items will be collected for classroom use. Consumable items will need to be replaced throughout the year, and your child’s teacher may request these and additional items as needed.
- For in-person shopping, our school ID number for Office Depot’s 5% Back to School Program is 70013341. Thank you!
First Day of School Packets
Packets will be available for pick up on Wednesday, August 30th at Caleb Greenwood. Refer to updated health and safety guidance here.
o Please note: Class lists will be posted Tuesday, 8/29 at 9:00 a.m. Packets will be sent home on Thursday, August 31st.
Drop off and Pick up
-Gate C (on Camellia Ave. outside the lunchroom/picnic area)
-Gate E (on Callister Ave. outside our 4thR bulidings)
-Gate F (on the corner of Callister Ave. and Carlson Dr. by the tree mural)
Families will be also able to access the front entrance of the school until 8:15 a.m. Thank you for helping us maintain a safe school site for all.
- All students are welcome to eat breakfast in the MPR at 7:30 a.m.
- Yard supervision begins at 7:45 a.m. (if students arrive prior to 7:45, they will wait in the MPR until that time)
- The first bell rings at 7:58 a.m
*Please note that the schedule below is subject to change. However, arrival and dismissal times will not change.
Please check weekly calendars for the most up-to-date information.
Save the date for the September mornings of 9/8 and 9/22. More dates to follow. 🎶