M10 Quiz Coming Soon!
Generating Equivalent Algebraic Expressions
Module 10 Quiz will be on Monday, March 21st!
- Know the definitions of the terms algebraic expression, variable, and constant
- Using the chart on pg. 261, you will need to write algebraic expressions and algebraic phrases (See Examples 1 and 2 on pages 261-262)
- Write an algebraic expression to model real-world situations (See Example 4 on page 264)
Lesson 10.2-Evaluating Expressions
- You will need to be able to use substitution to evaluate expressions (See Examples 1 and 2 on pages 269-270)
Lesson 10.3-Generating Equivalent Expressions
- Be familiar with the properties we learned about
- You will need to use the distributive property to write an equivalent expression
- Know the definitions of the terms coefficients and like terms
- Simplify algebraic expressions by combining like terms (See Example 3 on page 279)
How can your child prepare for the quiz?
**Log on to my.hrw.com and try any of the Personal Math Trainers (If your child is having trouble with any problem, just click on "Step by Step" or "View Example" for help).
**Starting Wednesday night, log on to my.hrw.com and take the Module 10 Pretest in "My Assignments" for Extra Credit.