code braker of the Enigma machine
- Born: 23rd June 1912
- Died: 7th June 1954 aged 41
- Alan Turing was a logician, mathematician and computer scientist.
- During WW2 he worked at Bletchley Park and was involved in breaking the German Enigma machine codes
- In 1936, he came up with the idea of a machine that was able to compute anything that could be computed. This was known as the Turing Machine and led to the modern computer
- Turing committed suicide in 1954, by eating an apple containing cyanide