5 facts about Mexico
- Mexico has the largest population of Spanish speakers in the world.
- There is a long line of advanced Indian civilizations in Mexican history. The accomplishments of these people rival those of the Egyptians and Europeans.
- The Aztecs offered human sacrifices to the sun god once a day.
- Mexico is the third largest country in Latin America, after Brazil and Argentina.
- Women friends often give each other a kiss on the cheek to say hello. Men and women also greet each other this way, but men simply shake hands with other men.