Featured in this flier:
- Are you on track with Schoology? Find Out.
- Why are departments meeting with your building SDAS?
- Professional development topics for the remainder of the year
- Who can support you?
- Did you know you have access to free, online curriculum?
- Where can you find the materials from the Winter Institute, Feb. 1 Sessions?
- Summer Institute 2016 information
Are you on track for level 1?
Level 1 Schoology Do's and Don'ts
Include abbreviated course title in activity titles.
Hour Number for Course Picture
Not a picture - only a number, unless your courses are linked.
Assignment Feature to Announce Summatives
Are you on track for level 2?
Level 2 Schoology Do's
CIES Listening Sessions with Secondary Departments: January - March
The outcomes of this optional meeting are for staff to:
- provide input on curricular strengths and needs,
- provide suggestions or ideas for staff development (system and building workshops, monthly staff development, individual curriculum departments),
- determine curriculum writing needs and curricular decisions (including blended classes, scope and sequence, new course offerings).
Dec-Jan: Math, Social Studies, ELA
Feb: Science, World Language, Music
Feb: Physical Education/Health, Tech Ed, FACS
March: Art, Business, COOP
Who can support you?
ACHIEVE – Rita Endres, SDAS; Bill Bauman, IC
BMS – Christine Weatherman, SDAS; June Mattson, Differentiation Coach; Bryan Scherr, Angie Vivatson, ICs
MGMS – Brenda Tiber, SDAS; Shelly Drake, Differentiation Coach; Erik Jorgenson, Neil Larson, ICs
MGSH – Matt Leisen, SDAS; Bill Bauman, Brian Scherr, Marshall Thompson, ICs
NVMS – Darrell Olson, SDAS; Sarah Schmidt, Differentiation Coach; Michelle Munkholm, IC
OALC - Matt Leisen, SDAS; Bryan Scherr, IC
OMS – Brenda Tiber, SDAS; Jenny Tollefson, Differentiation Coach; Dawn French, IC
OSH - Rita Endres, SDAS; Bart Cannon, Erik Jorgenson, Marshall Thompson, ICs
PCSH – Darrell Olson, SDAS; Neil Larson, Maura Nelson, ICs
OSTC - Michelle Munkolm, IC
Sandra Day, Coordinator CIES - Secondary
Jeremy Willey, Director CIES
Free Online Curriculum
Winter Institute Session Presentations and Materials: February 1, 2016
Monthly Professional Development Topics
You can access these resources in your school staff development Schoology course.
October: Standards Based Grading and Instruction
November: Common Core Literacy Standards/Erik Larson
December: MS-Differentiation, HS-SMART Goals
January: Differentiated Instruction
February: Rubrics and Learning Objectives in Schoology
March: MS- iPad Classroom Management or Differentiation, HS-Preparing for April 19
April: MS-Integrated Instruction, HS-iPad Classroom Management
May: MS-Integrated Instruction, HS-NUA Overview
Summer Institute 2016
Mark your calendars for June 13 –24 for another installment of the Osseo Summer Institute. There will be multiple learning opportunities. Specific details and registration information information will be sent by April 1.