Welcome to Washington Elementary
Feb 28 - Frozen 2
Mar 4 - PLC Late Start, Classes begin @ 9:45
Mar 6 - Popcorn Sale, $1 per bag
Mar 9-13 - Book Fair
Mar 10 - Hungry Howies Night
Mar 13 - Spirit Day
Mar 16 - STP Meeting
Mar 17 - Spring Concert, 2nd & 3rd Grade
Mar 18 - Kindergarten Orientation @ 6pm - Parents ONLY
Mar 20 - Popcorn Sale, $1 per bag
Mar 24 - Spring Concert, 4th & 5th Grade
Mar 30 - NO School, Spring Break - Classes resume April 6th
From the Principal
Please take a moment to watch this video to explain our parent loop. Remember the parking lot is not for standing cars waiting for students to be released. If you are exiting the vehicle you must be in a parking spot in the designated areas. The parent loop is not for parking!
Kindergarten PARENT Orientation
Marysville Public Schools offers a Parent Orientation night for families wishing to enroll their child(ren) into Kindergarten or Developmental Kindergarten for the upcoming school year. Parent Orientation provides valuable information on what to expect when enrolling your child into school. Topics covered will include Kindergarten Assessment, Vision & Hearing Screening, as well as Kindergarten Round-Up information. Parents can attend any of the sessions listed below, even if it is not the school closest to their home. Parent Orientation dates for the 2019-20 school year are as follows:
March 16, 2020 @ 6:00 PM - Morton Elementary
March 17, 2020 @ 6:00 PM - Gardens Elementary
March 18, 2020 @ 6:00 PM - Washington Elementary
THIS MEETING IS FOR PARENTS ONLY!
Enrollment Packets are available in the office.
March is Reading Month
March is here, and it is time for our March is Reading Month festivities to start and run all month long. Our theme this year is Washington Leaders are Readers! This Friday, your child will be coming home with their reading calendar and a parent letter. Please look over both, you will find QR code for the website and information on the many exciting spirit days, reading challenges, Family Reading Night, Scholastic Book Fair, and the end of the month celebration. Washington Leaders are Readers!
We are excited to share our new Attendance Matters initiative to promote the importance of good attendance. Each month we will update our display board to show which grade scored an ATTENDANCE TOUCHDOWN. Congratulations to our 2nd Graders for having the highest attendance during the month of January.
- If end of day transportation will be different, please contact the office before 2:45 pm or send in a note to let us know of the changes. We are unable to accept changes directly from your child.
- If before or after school child care is needed, please contact Latchkey @ 388-0107.
- We have Marysville High School home sporting event student tickets available for purchase in the office. These are for regular season games and they are $2.00/ticket.
- Check out Washington’s calendar for monthly events on the Marysville Public Schools website.
- Don't forget to sign up for Remind, we often post updates/reminders about important school events/information. Please click on the Remind link http://remind.com/join/99kef3 to sign up.
- Supervision in the morning does not begin until 8:00 am. Many students are arriving before 8:00 am and waiting outside and in the vestibule area. These students are unsupervised and many are not following school rules and are causing a disruption, as well as being a safety issue. If you need daycare before 8:00 am please contact the Marysville Children Center to get signed up Latchkey in our building. The Marysville Children's Center phone number is 364-3165.
"BE KIND" Bookmark Design Contest
Congratulations to our very own Evelyn Connell. Mrs. Hight encouraged our students to participate in the annual county wide contest that is promoted by St. Clair County Community Mental Health. As one of the winners, Evelyn will receive a $25 Gift Certificate to Barnes and Nobles as well as 50 copies of her winning Bookmark. Way to go Evelyn!
Students that STEPPED UP in January 2020
Begindergarten - Cade J. / DK - Larren O. / ECSE - Chloe S. ~ Sawyer W. ~ Everett B.
KA - Aiden C. / KB - Riley F. / KC - Gabe G.
1A - Jayden C. / 1B - Breanna A. / 1C - Jordan R.
2A - Alayna C. / 2B - Raelynn P. / 2C - Mason S.
3A - Rylin S. / 3B - Zachary S.
4A - Carson H. / 4B - Maxwell P. / 4C - Riley Q.
5A - Alivia L. / 5B - Brookelyn B. / 5C - Chaz S.
Breakfast is offered daily here at the school for students. It is served 20 minutes before the start of the day. On a regular school day it would be from 8:10 – 8:30. On PLC late start days it is from 9:25 – 9:45. The breakfast menu can be found on the top line of the lunch menu. Any students wishing to utilize this service the cost of breakfast is $1.00 or 30 cents for families that qualify for reduced meals. Applications for free/reduced meals is available in the school office.
We would like to remind parents to make sure your children are dressed appropriately for the weather. It is best to dress in layers since we will make every effort to have outside recess. If the temperature / wind chill is over 10 degrees we will go outside for recess.
STP is our school Parent/Teacher Group, they work very hard all year by organizing fun and exciting fundraising events like our Fun Run, Movie Nights etc. Please consider attending the next STP Meeting (MAR 16th). This is a great opportunity to learn how you can be more involved in your child's school and connect with other parents!
We would like to thank all the parents who have donated through our fundraisers or who have donated their time to make our events possible. We truly appreciate your continued support.
Our next Popcorn Day will be on Feb 28th, Mar 6th & Mar 20th. Each bag is $1.
Please join us on Feb 28th @ 6pm for Family Movie Night featuring Frozen 2.
The Scholastic Book Fair is coming. Please visit us in the Library the week of March 9th.