West Pine Middle
Ignite! Engage! Grow!
A Note from Mrs. Wiley
I hope everyone has had a wonderful and restful summer. We are putting the finishing touches in the building and on our grounds in preparation for our students' and staff return to school. The first day of school is Monday, August 29th at 8:00am.
In preparation for the first week back to school please review the following:
- Buses will be running but may be late as they are learning new routes. The carlines will be longer and slower. Please exercise patience with both.
- All students are dropped off each morning at the front of the school, following the traffic pattern around the staff parking lot and back to the front of the building. Afternoon carlines are different. Please review the handbook for detailed information.
- Any medication (prescription or over-the-counter) requiring administration at school must be brought in to the school nurse with the required paperwork.
- 7th graders are reminded of the required immunizations. (see below)
- Generic supply lists are located below; however, more detailed information will be provided on back-to-school night.
As always, it's a great day to be a Wildcat!
Take care. JW
6th grade: 4:30-6:00
7th grade 5:00-6:30
- If you have children in different grade levels, feel free to come during any of those time spans.
- These times are suggested due to the number of students and parking. You are welcome to come at any time that works best with your schedule.
Don't forget to upload all information into Planet HS prior to the first day of tryouts. More information can be found below or on our school's website. Contact Mr. Willms if you have any questions.
- August 23: Middle/High School Back-to-School Night
- August 29: First Day of School
- September 5: Labor Day Holiday
Middle School Athletic Eligibility (Academics & Attendance)
A student must meet the following requirements:
1. In grades six, seven and eight, the student must pass three out of four core classes each semester.
2. If an athlete is "academically eligible” or "academically ineligible” at the beginning of any semester, that status is retained throughout the full semester. This means that all Second Half of Winter & Spring Semester sports are dependent upon the prior Fall semester grades.
Daily attendance is essential for student academic success and emotional well-being. If students are absent, please communicate with teachers for access to work through Canvas. If students come in tardy, they must arrive by 11:30am to be considered present for the day. Students who are absent may not practice after school, travel with the team on the activity bus to away games, or be able to play on game day.
Athletic Booster Club Information
Do you want to get involved but don't know where to start? Join the WPMS PTSO. For more information, reach out to one of our board members or email them at email@example.com.
- Alison McCloskey - president
- Amanda Peterson - secretary
- Suzanne Johnson - TBD
- Karyn Schwagel - board member
Parent Advisory Representatives
Here are your parent representatives for the 2022-23 school year.
- Parent Advisory Council (PAC): TBD
- Military Family Advisory Council (MFAC): Alison McCloskey
- Hispanic Community Advisory Council (HCAC): Flor Martinez
- African American Community Advisory Council (AACAC): Whitney Alford
- School Improvement Team (SIT): Alison McCloskey and Lynn Antil
WPMS Athletic Booster Club
Band, Orchestra and Theater
Do you have a question, concern or celebration you would like to share with our School Improvement Team? Enter it below. Our team will respond at the next SIT meeting and will note it in the minutes.